Advertise with us

Two minor fires reported; no injuries (Video)

By Staff reports
Aug. 18, 2012 at 3:18 a.m.
Updated Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:19 a.m.

Two reports of fires Saturday kept rescue workers busy, but neither event caused any injuries or significant damage.

Victoria firefighters responded to a call at 9:15 a.m. Friday at Jim's Big Burger on Glascow Street.

The caller said smoke was coming from the air conditioning unit. Capt. Adam Luther said the smoke was from a malfunctioning unit. No fire was discovered.

At 8:13 p.m., the Victoria County Fire Marshal responded to a call about a possible electrical fire at a home in the 100 block of Bobbie Circle Drive. An official said an extenstion cord shorted and caused damage to a wall outlet. No fire was discovered.



Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia