City Corner column: Reserve Gary T. Moses Municipal Pool for private party

Feb. 10, 2012 at 7:04 p.m.
Updated Feb. 11, 2012 at 8:12 p.m.

By Jennifer Sourdellia

I would like to rent the Gary T. Moses Municipal Pool for a birthday party. How do I go about renting the pool for a private party?

The city of Victoria Parks and Recreation Office will begin accepting pool rentals at 8 a.m. March 1.

We will accept walk-ins on a first-come first-serve basis. Voicemails or phone calls will be accepted in order, but only after the initial walk-in crowd has been serviced.

Private parties are allowed from 7-10 p.m. Fridays through Sundays during the pool season. The cost per private party is $200 and will allow you full use of the pool and its amenities during that time. Each party is allowed to have a maximum of 100 guests, which includes swimmers and non-swimmers. These spaces fill up fast and availability is limited, so come by the office or give us a call beginning March 1 to reserve the pool this summer.

What happened to the street dances downtown?

The recreation staff is booking talent for this year's street dances. The first street dance for 2012 will be on March 8, at DeLeon Plaza. Cloverside is a Victoria-based band that is considered to be "pure energy from the first note of the song, right down to their last song of the night."

Cloverside will grace the stage at 7 p.m. and will offer music for all patrons with bits of classic country, Southern rock and a hint of heavy metal thrown in for fun. Feel free to bring your lawn chairs, coolers and friends to enjoy this free event.

Future street dance dates will be available soon.

Staff is also working on entertainment for our Tunes@Noon beginning in March and taking place the final Friday of the month. We plan to offer Tunes@Noon March through May and September through November.

If you would like to be considered for performing at this event or a street dance, please contact us at 361-485-3200 or email us at

Side note: To find a schedule of all live music and performances at DeLeon Plaza visit us at

Do you have a question about the City of Victoria? Please submit your questions and comments about any city department to Jennifer Sourdellia in the Communications/Public Information Office by emailing or mail to P.O. Box 1758, Victoria, TX 77902.



Powered By AffectDigitalMedia