Jan. 31, 2012 at 11 p.m.
Updated Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:31 p.m.
• FREEPORT: Sand trout and sheepshead are good on live shrimp on the reefs. Redfish are fair to good at San Luis pass on cracked blue crabs. Bull redfish are good at the jetty and along the beachfront.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair for drifters on live shrimp and plastics over humps and scattered shell. Redfish are fair to good on the edge of the Intracoastal and at the mouths of drains on Gulps and jigs tipped with shrimp.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Redfish are fair to good on the south shoreline in the guts and bayous. Trout are fair in the guts on the incoming tide.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Trout and redfish are fair on Corkies over soft mud in waist-deep water in San Antonio Bay. Trout and redfish are fair for drifters working the back lakes with live shrimp and topwaters. Redfish are good at the mouths of drains.
• ROCKPORT: Trout are fair on the edge of the ICW on glow DOA Shrimp. Redfish are fair to good in California Hole on mullet and shrimp.
• PORT ARANSAS: Redfish are fair to good on the ledges of the channel on mullet. Sand trout are good on shrimp in the channel.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Redfish are good in the Humble Channel on crabs and table shrimp. Trout are best on the edge of the flats on live shrimp, Gulps and DOA Shrimp.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are fair to good in mud and grass on Corkies and Catch 2000s. Trout are fair to good in the guts along the King Ranch shoreline on Corkies. Redfish are fair around spoils on live bait.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Redfish are fair to good on DOA Shrimp and Gulps under a popping cork around grass holes. Trout are fair to good on mud along the edge of the ICW on Corkies and MirrOlures.
• SOUTH PADRE: Trout and redfish are fair to good on the edge of the Intracoastal and at Gas Well Flats on DOA Shrimp and Gulps. Redfish, black drum and mangrove snapper are fair to good in the channel on shrimp.
REPORTS COMPILED BY BINK GRIMES