March 7, 2012 at 11:03 p.m.
Updated March 6, 2012 at 9:07 p.m.
• TEXAS CITY: Sheepshead and sand trout are good around the piers on shrimp. Redfish are fair to good on shrimp and crabs in Moses Lake.
• FREEPORT: Sand trout and sheepshead are good on live shrimp on the reefs. Black drum are good in Cold Pass and San Luis pass on cracked blue crabs. Black drum are redfish are fair to good on live shrimp over reefs.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair to good for drifters in the afternoon on live shrimp over humps and scattered shell. Redfish are fair to good on the edge of the Intracoastal on crabs and mullet.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Redfish are fair to good in Oyster Lake on shrimp. Trout are fair on shell and grass on soft plastics. Black drum are fair to good at the jetty on crabs.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Trout and redfish are good on topwaters over soft mud in waist-deep water in San Antonio Bay. Trout and redfish are fair for drifters working the back lakes with live shrimp. Redfish are good in the back lakes for waders tossing gold spoons and Gulps.
• ROCKPORT: Black drum are good in the Lydia Ann Channel on crabs. Trout are fair over grass while drifting with live shrimp. Redfish are fair on the Estes Flats on mullet and shrimp.
• PORT ARANSAS: Black drum are good in the Shrimpboat Channel on crabs and finger mullet. Redfish and sheepshead are fair to good at the jetty on shrimp.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Trout are fair to good on the edge of the spoils on Gulps and live shrimp. Black drum are good in the Humble Channel at night on crabs and table shrimp.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are fair to good on the King Ranch shoreline on Corkies and topwaters. Black drum are good in the Land Cut on crabs.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Trout are fair to good on topwaters around sand and grass holes. Redfish are fair to good while drifting pot holes on shrimp and Gulps.
• SOUTH PADRE: Black drum, redfish and sheepshead have been taken at the jetty. Trout and redfish are fair to good on the edge of the Intracoastal on DOA Shrimp and Gulps.
• PORT ISABEL: Snook are fair in the Brownsville Ship Channel on free-lined shrimp. Trout and redfish are fair to good in South Bay on live shrimp. Sheepshead and mangrove snapper are fair around the causeway on shrimp.
REPORTS COMPILED BY BINK GRIMES