Oven fire damages apartment
May 18, 2012 at 12:18 a.m.
A fire that began in an oven caused minor damage to an apartment at 910 N. Washington St. on Thursday night.
The Victoria Fire Department responded to the call about 9:35 p.m. Victoria Police were already on scene and had knocked down the fire with extinguishers, said Battalion Chief Shannon Martin.
The kitchen area sustained some minor fire damage and there was some smoke damage throughout the rest of the apartment.
Firefighters were on scene for about an hour. No injuries were reported.