Here is your guide to Election Day voting, watching
May 28, 2012 at 12:28 a.m.
Updated May 29, 2012 at 12:29 a.m.
Primary elections begin at 7 a.m. Tuesday across the Crossroads and Texas.
Below is a helpful guide for voters about what you need to know on Election Day.• Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• The Democratic and Republican Parties do not have rides set up to transport voters to primary elections.
• To find out where you vote, call the Victoria elections office at 576-0124; Jackson elections office at 782-3563; Calhoun elections office at 553-4440; Refugio elections office at 526-2151; Goliad elections office at 645-3294; Lavaca elections office at 798-3612; Matagorda elections office at 979-244-7680.
• Candidates must receive a majority vote to advance to the general election Nov. 9.
• Federal court orders, which moved the primary election to May 29, also ordered that any necessary primary runoff election will be July 31.
• Victoria County Elections Administrator George Matthews predicts about 15 percent of registered voters will cast ballots.
• For information about all candidates, go to VictoriaAdvoate.com/ElectionCentral
• To get the latest results after the polls close, go to VictoriaAdvocate.com. You also may follow Advocate reporters on Twitter at Twitter.com/Vicadvocate and on Facebook at Facebook.com /VictoriaAdvocate.