Celebrity Bake Sale and Auction
Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:17 a.m.
The Fall 2012 Silent Auction "Celebrity" Bake Sale is from 4-7 p.m. Thursday at the Museum of the Coastal Bend, 2200 E. Red River St. This is being held during the MCB Ranching and Membership Round-up.
Victoria's "celebrity" chefs, renowned home cooks, and celebrated bakers are dishing up more than just desserts. Admission to the Ranching Round-up is free and open to the public. Proceeds from the sale directly support the Museum of the Coastal Bend.
Bids will start at $20 per item and are accepted in $5 increments. The silent auction closes at 6:45 p.m. High bid need not be present to win. Bids will be accepted for the following items by email at email@example.com or by phone at 361-582-2436.
• Banana Nut Bread donated by Omar Rachid
• Famous "Can't Stop Eating Them" Cheese Crackers donated by Elise Gannon
• Frosted Texas Brownies donated by Babette Lowe
• Homemade Red Pepper Vinaigrette and Pumpernickel Croutons with World's Best Salad recipe donated by Katy Long
• Luscious Lemon Cake with Blueberry Compote donated by Katy Long
• Orange Chiffon Cake donated by Ceci Oldmixon
• Pumpkin Pecan Bread donated by Carole Oliphant
• Spinach and Sausage Lasagna Roll-ups with Homemade Tomato Sauce (serves 8 - 10) donated by Katy Long
• Taqueria Victoria's Chocolate Cake donated by Maggie Kuykendall
Winning bids will receive a gift certificate for the item to be redeemed at a mutually agreeable time. Items with multiple lots will be awarded to an appropriate number of high bids.