Gasoline leaking from truck temporarily closes Murphy's
Aug. 8, 2013 at 3:08 a.m.
Murphy Express, 8508 N. Navarro St., reopened about 9 a.m. Thursday after closing temporarily because of a gasoline leak from a vehicle parked at one of the gas pumps.
Victoria Fire Department personnel were on the scene cleaning up the spill with absorbent pads until 9:04 a.m.
Battalion Chief Roger Hempel said the driver of a pickup ran over something that punctured his gas tank.
"He didn't even know it until he stopped for gas," Hempel said. The fire department cleaned up about 40 gallons of gas, and there was never any hazardous threat, said Hempel.
The incident was reported about 6:25 a.m.