Electrocuted power line worker identified
Aug. 13, 2013 at 3:13 a.m.
The identity of the 24-year-old electrician who was electrocuted Monday was released Tuesday.
Jeffrey Wilder II, of Clearlake, Calif., was pronounced dead at DeTar Hospital Navarro after coming into contact with live, high-voltage wires in the 5490 block of Farm-to-Market Road 237.
Wilder was employed by Techline of Dallas and was doing contract work replacing power lines for Victoria Electric Cooperative, said Sgt. Travis Gundelach with the Victoria County Sheriff's Office.
Brittany Marsh, communications specialist for Victoria Electric Cooperative, said she did not know whether the power came back on in the area where the man was working.
A resident in the area, Elena Alvarado, said the power came on in her house for a brief moment, and then she heard the man screaming.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate the death.