Area's best of the rest calendar
Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:14 a.m.
Winning the West: Firearms in the Texas Coastal Bend• WHERE: Museum of the Coastal Bend, 2200 E. Red River St., Victoria
WHEN: Through Aug. 31
HOURS: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
FOR INFORMATION: Visit museumofthecoastalbend.org or call 361-585-2511.
Framing Main: Crossroads of History
WHERE: Nave Museum, 306 W. Commercial St., Victoria• WHEN: Through Aug. 25
HOURS: Noon-4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday, noon-7 p.m. Thursday
FOR INFORMATION: Visit navemuseum.com or call 361-575-8227.
Gaslight Theatre presents 'Dearly Departed'• WHEN: 7 p.m. meal, 8 p.m. show Friday, Saturday; 1 p.m. meal, 2 p.m. show Sunday
• WHERE: Gaslight Theatre, 802 Avenue E, Shiner
• COST: $25 per person
• FOR INFORMATION: Contact 361-594-2079 or visit shinergaslight.org.
Benefit Barbecue for Mary Louise Livas• WHEN: 11 a.m. Saturday
• WHERE: American G.I. Forum, 211 Jackson St., Port Lavaca
• COST: $8 per plate
• FOR INFORMATION: Contact Roger Martinez at 361-935-9208, A.J. Livas at 832-512-2893, Wally Mahan at 361-652-9161 and Richard Martinez at 361-655-2508.
Twin Pines Fundraiser • WHEN: 12:30 p.m. Tuesday
• WHERE: Twin Pines, 3301 E. Mockingbird Lane, Victoria
• COST: $5 for chicken spaghetti dinner
• FOR INFORMATION: Contact Carla or Crystal at 573-3201 or on Carla's cellphone at 361-660-9062 or email Cbuckner82@gmail.com.
Saddle Up For Alzheimer's/ Riding For a Cure • WHEN: 7 a.m. Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. Sunday
• WHERE: Brackenridge Recreation Complex, 284 Brackenridge Parkway, Edna
• COST: $5 general admission, $15 for music and dance: kids 10 and under are free
• FOR INFORMATION: Contact Lacey Rosenquest at 361-571-2899.
To submit events for area performances, plays, productions, fundraisers or museum exhibits, email details to email@example.com. The deadline to get them into the calendar is 2 p.m. Tuesday before publication.