Traffic Tip: Traffic light malfunction tip

By David Brogger
Dec. 13, 2013 at 6:13 a.m.
Updated Dec. 15, 2013 at 6:15 a.m.

The question was asked recently, "What do I do if I pull up to an intersection and none of the traffic lights are working?"

If a motorist approaches a traffic light that is not working, he must stop.

But he may proceed through the intersection after stopping and making sure the road is clear.

For more information on this law, see Texas Transportation Code Sec. 545.151.

The Victoria Police Department Traffic Safety Unit invites citizens to inform us of any traffic issues that you observe. The easiest way to do this is go to our website,, then go to the VPD Customer Service Request tab in the center of the page and follow the directions.

If you have a traffic law question, contact Senior Police Officer David Brogger, Victoria Po lice Department Traffic Safety Unit, 361-485-3700.



Powered By AffectDigitalMedia