Corrections and clarifications
July 2, 2013 at 2:02 a.m.
Updated July 3, 2013 at 2:03 a.m.
The Advocate wants to correct promptly any error in fact or clarify any misleading information we publish. To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
The following timeline was not complete, and the board of directors and asset information did not appear in print Tuesday with the First Victoria - Prosperity Bank acquisition story on Page A1 on Tuesday.
First Victoria National Bank timeline
• 1866: John M. Brownson settles in Victoria after serving in the Civil War.
• 1867: Opened Brownson's Bank in a room of the A. Goldman Building, then a grocery.
• 1873: Brownson's Bank moves to 108 N. Main St.
• 1876: Bank name changes to Brownson and Co.
• 1882: Bank expands; Brownson forms partnership with Eugene Sibley, an Alabama native. Institution is renamed Brownson and Sibley.
• Dec. 12, 1889: Brownson and Sibley joins with First National Bank of Victoria. Institution renamed First National Bank.
• April 1913: Bank re-organizes, becoming Victoria National Bank.
• April 1914: Bank moves to the five-story Welder Building, at the corner of Main and Constitution streets.
• 1928: Bank acquires the Welder Building.
• March 1, 1963: Bank changes its name to First Victoria National Bank.
• 1998: FVNB Corp. forms.
• January 1998: FVNB Corp. acquires Citizens Bank of Texas.
• September 2005: Bank begins calling itself "First Victoria." FVNB Corp. also acquires Planters and Merchants State Bank in Brazos County.
• July 2008: First Victoria's first V-Source Center opens on North Navarro Street.
• July 1, 2013: Company announces acquisition by Prosperity Bancshares, Inc.
Sources: Advocate archives, Prosperity Bancshares Inc. news release
FVNB CORP. AND FIRST VICTORIA NATIONAL BANK'S DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS:
FVNB CORP. DIRECTORS:• Michael S. Anderson, board chairman
• Roger F. Welder, vice chairman of the board
• John Burton
• O.D. Edwards
• David P. Engel
• Robert L. Halepeska
• Yerger Hill III
• Thomas Lane Keller
• Molly O. Kemp
• M. Russell Marshall
• James Robert McCan
Thomas Marion O'Connor
FVNB CORP. EXECUTIVE OFFICERS:• M. Russell Marshall, president and CEO
Gregory Sprawka, executive vice president, CFO and secretary to the board of directors
FIRST VICTORIA NATIONAL BANK EXECUTIVE OFFICERS:• M. Russell Marshall, president and CEO
• Gregory Sprawka, executive vice president and CFO
• John E. "Buddy" Billups, senior executive vice president - private banking and wealth management
• William J. Macha, senior executive vice president and chief trust officer
• Kenneth L. Vickers, senior executive vice president and chief lending officer
• Craig G. Friemel, senior executive vice president and chief credit officer
Kenneth W. Olan, senior executive vice president and chief marketing officer
Source: FVNB Corp. annual report
*Note: FVNB Corp. directors are also directors of First Victoria National Bank.
Companies at a glance:
Prosperity Bancshares Inc.
Total assets: $16.1 billion
Gross loans HFI: $6.1 billion
Total deposits: $12.9 billion
Total assets: $2.4 billion
Gross loans HFI: $1.6 billion
Total deposits: $2.1 billion
Source: Prosperity Bancshares Inc. online investor presentation
*Numbers as of March 31