College Q&A: Need to exercise? Use UHV's new exercise track

By Katy Walterscheidt
July 20, 2013 at 2:20 a.m.

Does the University of Houston-Victoria have an exercise track?

The University of Houston-Victoria has a designated exercise track on campus that is open to the public.

The jaX track is a half-mile course that runs along existing sidewalks around UHV. The starting point is located near the southeast corner of the University West building, 3007 N. Ben Wilson St. A sign at the starting point shows a map of the course, and directional signs are located along the route.

UHV students, faculty, staff and family members celebrated the grand opening of the jaX track during the spring semester with the Color Me Down Run. The fun run included two laps around the course, where runners were showered with colored powder at various stations.

For more information about jaX track, contact Lindsey Koch, director of UHV Student Life & Services, at 361-485-4409 or

Is there still time to apply for student financial assistance for the UHV's fall semester?

Yes, there is still time to apply for financial aid for UHV's upcoming semester, which begins Aug. 26.

The UHV Financial Aid Office is available to meet with incoming and returning students who are interested in receiving financial assistance through grants, scholarships, student employment or loans.

While some grant and UHV scholarship priority deadlines have passed for the fall semester, there is still time to receive financial assistance.

After students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form online, the UHV Financial Aid Office will email students regarding their financial aid status.

It is important for incoming and returning students to check their UHV email account and log into MyUHV to keep up with their financial aid application status.

Additional financial aid forms or documents may be requested by the office to obtain further information. Once the forms are received, it could take up to two weeks for processing.

Award notices are sent to a student's UHV email account, and the awards will need to be accepted or declined in MyUHV.

Because the process takes time, incoming and returning students are encouraged to start the process immediately.

For more information, contact the UHV Financial Aid Office at 361-570-4125 or

Do you have a question about the University of Houston-Victoria? Contact Katy Walterscheidt, UHV communications specialist, at 361-570-4342 or at



Powered By AffectDigitalMedia