Live coverage of the Texas Water Safari
June 8, 2013 at 1:08 a.m.
TEXAS WATER SAFARI AT A GLANCE
• Racers leave the San Marcos Aquarena at 9 a.m. Saturday, starting down the San Marcos River toward the Guadalupe River.
• Finish line is in Seadrift.
• All racers have 100 hours to finish the race (1 p.m. Wednesday), and must hit designated checkpoints by certain times.
• A free banquet for all teams (and one captain per team). Tickets for extra banquet meals can be purchased at the banquet.
• The race is in its 51st year. It began in 1963.
Source: Texas Water Safari