Area's best of the rest calendar
Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:09 a.m.
McKay Otto: Ever About Ever• WHERE: Nave Museum, 306 W. Commercial St., Victoria
• WHEN: Through Oct. 20
HOURS: Noon-4 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday, noon-7 p.m Thursday, closed Monday• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-575-8227 or visit navemuseum.com.
History, Heritage and Hospitality• WHERE: Cuero Heritage Museum, 124 E. Church St., Cuero
HOURS: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday or by special appointment• FOR INFORMATION:all 361-275-1222 or visit cityofcuero.com.
Yorktown Historical Museum• WHERE: 144 W. Main St., Yorktown
HOURS: 1-4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday or by special appointment• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-275-1222 or visit cityofcuero.com.
Yoakum Heritage Museum• WHERE: 12 Simpson St., Yoakum
• HOURS: 1-4 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 2-4 p.m. Sunday
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-293-7022 or visit yoakumareachamber.com.
Calhoun County Museum• WHERE: 301 S. Ann, Port Lavaca
• HOURS: 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 10:00 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-553 4689 or visit calhouncountymuseum.org.
Englein Haus Hallettsville Cultural Events Center• WHERE: 115 N. Main St., Hallettsville
• FOR INFORMATION OR HOURS: Contact Nancy Braus at 361-798-9295 or visit hallettsvilleculturaleventcenter.org.
'The Final Conflict' book signing with Kenneth Zeigler• WHEN: Noon-4 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Hastings, 5206 N. Navarro St., Victoria
• FOR INFO: Call 361-573-3721
Saturday Morning Book Break• WHEN: 10-11 a.m. Saturday
• WHERE: University of Houston, University Center Building, Room 108, 3007 N. Ben Jordan St.
• NOTE: The group will be discussing "Sandcastle Girls" by Chris Bohjalian.
• FOR INFO: Email Dr. Cindy Schnebly at SchneblyC@uhv.edu.
Second Saturday Cruise Night• WHEN: 7-9 p.m. Saturday.
• WHERE: 4303 N. Navarro St., parking lot by Grand Buffet
• FOR INFO: Rudy Gonzalez at 361-676-1554 or Gary Moses at 361-573-2853.
St. Joseph High School Honors Varsity Chorale Fall Concert• WHEN: 7:30 a.m. Thursday
• WHERE: Grace Presbyterian Church, 3604 N. Ben Jordan, Victoria
• COST: Free and open to the public
• FOR INFO: Call 361-573-2446.
Tickled Pink to Benefit the Guardians of the Ribbon• WHEN: 6:30 p.m.-midnight Friday
• WHERE: Club Westerner, 1005 W. Constitution St., Victoria
• COST: $15 at the door
• FOR INFO: Call 361-575-9109.
H-E-B 2nd annual Coastal Bend 5K Bike, Run or Walk• WHEN: 8 a.m.-noon Saturday
• WHERE: Riverside Park, Special Events Area, Victoria
• COST: Entry fee is a nonperishable item or monetary donation (minimum $2)
• FOR INFO: Contact Betty Mejia at 361-572-8221 ext. 281.
Ninth Annual Walk for Hope• WHEN: 8-11:30 a.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Citizens HealthPlex, 9406 Zac Lentz Parkway, Victoria
• COST: $5 registration fee (helps fund free mammograms)
• FOR INFO: Contact 361-572-5064
Family Fishing Day• WHEN: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Ethel Lee Tracy Park, 701 E. Larkspur St., Victoria
• NOTE: All equipment is provided, and the fishing license requirement has been waived for this event only
• FOR INFO: Call the City of Victoria Parks and Recreation Department at 361-485-3200.
Market Day by the Bay• WHEN: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Seadrift Train Depot/Sportsplex, Seadrift
• FOR INFO: Contact Peggy Gaines at 361-920-1743, email SeadriftLions@GMail.com or visit SeadriftLions.org.
Goliad Market Days• WHEN: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Courthouse Square, 231 S Market, Goliad
• FOR INFO: Contact Goliad Chamber of Commerce at 361-645-3563.
To submit events for area performances, plays, productions, fundraisers or museum exhibits, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to get them into the calendar is 2 p.m. Tuesday before publication.