Crossroads weekly fishing report
Sept. 10, 2013 at 4:10 a.m.
• NORTH SABINE: Redfish are good in the marsh with high tides. Tides are well above normal. Drifters have worked slicks for trout and redfish on plastics and topwaters.
• SOUTH SABINE: Trout are fair to good under birds and pods of shad. Trout are good at the jetty on live bait and topwaters. Bull redfish are good at the jetty.
• BOLIVAR: Trout are good on the south shoreline on Bass Assassins, Trout Killers and Sand Eels. Trout, bull redfish, black drum, sand trout and redfish are good at Rollover Pass.
• TRINITY BAY: Trout are good for drifters working pods of shad and birds. Redfish are good on live bait around the reefs. Redfish are good on the north shoreline on gold spoons and small topwaters.
• EAST GALVESTON BAY: Trout and redfish are good on soft plastics while working slicks and mud boils. Whiting and sand trout are good on the edge of the Intracoastal on fresh shrimp. Trout are good for drifters on plum plastics.
• WEST GALVESTON BAY: Trout and redfish are good in the back lakes on live bait. Bull redfish are good in the surf and at San Luis Pass on crabs and mullet. Sheepshead, redfish and black drum are good at the jetties on shrimp and crabs.
• TEXAS CITY: Sand trout and Gulf trout are good in the channel on shrimp. Redfish are fair to good in Moses Lake on crabs and shrimp. The Dike is now open.
• FREEPORT: Bull redfish are good on live bait and crabs on the Surfside beach. Black drum and redfish are good on the reefs. Bull redfish are good at the jetties.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair for drifters on live shrimp over humps and scattered shell. Trout and redfish are fair to good on the shorelines for waders tossing small topwaters and plastics. Redfish are good in Lake Austin.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair on sand and grass humps on soft plastics and topwaters. Redfish are good on live shrimp and topwaters in Oyster Lake, Crab Lake and Shell Island.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Bull redfish are good in the surf and at the jetty on natural baits. Trout and redfish are good for waders and drifters working the back lakes with live shrimp.
• ROCKPORT: Redfish are good on mullet on the Estes Flats and around Mud Island. Redfish showing in large schools. Trout and redfish are good in the back of Allyn's Bight.
• PORT ARANSAS: Trout are fair around Super Flats on topwaters. Redfish are fair at East Flats and Shamrock Cove on topwaters and plastics under rattling corks.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Redfish are good on the shallow flats on gold spoons and small topwaters. Sand trout and croakers are good in the channels on fresh shrimp.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are good on topwaters and plum plastics around rocks and grass. Redfish are good in the Land Cut on live bait.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Trout are fair to good around East Cut. Redfish are fair to good while drifting pot holes on topwaters and soft plastics under a popping cork.
• SOUTH PADRE: Trout, redfish and snook are fair to good on the flats on DOA Lures and live bait. Tarpon and bull redfish are fair to good around the jetty.
• PORT ISABEL: Redfish are good at Gas Well Flats and in South Bay on Gulps. Trout and redfish are fair to good while drifting sand and grass flats on live shrimp, DOA Shrimp and Gulps under popping corks.
Compiled from Bink Grimes