Area's best of the rest calendar
Sept. 18, 2013 at 4:18 a.m.
McKay Otto: Ever About Ever• WHERE: Nave Museum, 306 W. Commercial St., Victoria
• WHEN: Through Oct. 20
HOURS: Noon-4 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday, noon-7 p.m Thursday, closed Monday• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-575-8227 or visit navemuseum.com.
History, Heritage and Hospitality• WHERE: Cuero Heritage Museum, 124 E. Church St., Cuero
HOURS: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday or by special appointment• FOR INFORMATION:all 361-275-1222 or visit cityofcuero.com.
Yorktown Historical Museum• WHERE: 144 W. Main St., Yorktown
HOURS: 1-4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday or by special appointment• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-275-1222 or visit cityofcuero.com.
Yoakum Heritage Museum• WHERE: 12 Simpson St., Yoakum
• HOURS: 1-4 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 2-4 p.m. Sunday
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-293-7022 or visit yoakumareachamber.com.
Calhoun County Museum• WHERE: 301 S. Ann, Port Lavaca
• HOURS: 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 10:00 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday
• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-553 4689 or visit calhouncountymuseum.org.
Englein Haus Hallettsville Cultural Events Center• WHERE: 115 N. Main St., Hallettsville
• FOR INFORMATION OR HOURS: Contact Nancy Braus at 361-798-9295 or visit hallettsvilleculturaleventcenter.org.
UHV/ABR Reading Series: Rosemary Catacalos• WHEN: Noon-1 p.m. Thursday
• WHERE: University of Houston-Victoria, Alcorn Auditorium, 3007 N. Ben Wilson, Victoria
• COST: Free
• FOR INFO: Call the ABR office at 361-570-4101 or go to americanbookreview.org.
Gourd Artists Demonstration at Englein Haus• WHEN: 1 p.m. Sunday
• WHERE: Hallettsville Cultural Event Center, 115 N. Main St., Hallettsville
• COST: Free; open to the public
• FOR INFORMATION: Call Nancy Braus at 361-798-9295.
Crossroads Heritage Days Celebration• WHEN: Noon-7 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Victoria Mall, 7800 N. Navarro St., Victoria
COST: Free• FOR INFO: Contact Judy Turner at 361-212-8350 or email email@example.com.
Late Night at the Library• WHEN: 7-10 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Victoria Public Library, 302 N. Main St., Victoria
COST: Free; open to the public• FOR INFORMATION: Visit victoriapubliclibrary.org or call the Victoria Public Library at 361-485-3302.
Old Victoria Picture Scavenger Hunt
WHEN: 7-10 p.m. Saturday • WHERE: Victoria Public Library, 302 N. Main St., Victoria
COST: Free; to register, visit victoriamainstreet.org• FOR INFO: Visit victoriamainstreet.org or call 361-578-0060.
Victoria County's 28th Annual Czech Heritage Festival
WHEN: 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Sunday • WHERE: Victoria Community Center, 2905 E. North St., Victoria
• COST: $7 admission, ages 15 and under are free; $8 for lunch
• FOR INFORMATION: Call Marjorie Matula at 361-575-0820 or Donald Dusek at 361-578-6730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miles for a Child: third annual Friends of Devereux Charity Run• WHEN: 10 a.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Victoria Harley Davidson, 608 N. Moody St., Victoria
COST: $25 for first rider; $10 for second rider• FOR INFO: Contact Sandra Neely at 361-212-7778.
Victoria Horseman's Fundraiser Barbecue• WHEN: 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: The Horseman's Arena, Riverside Park, corner of Red River Street and Memorial Drive, Victoria
• COST: $8 per plate
• FOR INFO: Contact Moses Moore at 361-571-8020
Fordtran Volunteer Fire Department 15th Annual Barbecue Fundraiser• WHEN: 3-7 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Fordtran Volunteer Fire Department, 25225 U.S. Highway 77 North, Yoakum
COST: $8 per plate; tickets may be purchased in advance from any FVFD member or at the station.• FOR INFORMATION: Call 361-741-2277.
Good As New Kids Seasonal Consignment Sale • WHEN: 7-9 p.m. Friday, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and noon-4 p.m. Sunday
• WHERE: National Guard Armory, 106 E. Mockingbird Lane, Victoria
• FOR INFORMATION: Visit facebook.com/GoodAsNewSale.
Northside Ranch Pet & Garden 10 Year Anniversary Party • WHEN: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Northside Ranch Pet & Garden Center, 5705 N. Main St., Victoria
• FOR INFORMATION: Call the Northside Ranch Pet & Garden 361-573-5000.
K9 5K 'Bark at the Moon'• WHEN: 5-10 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: Riverside Park Special Events Area, Victoria
• TO REGISTER: Visit active.com.
• FOR INFO: Visit docpac.net or call 361-575-8573
To submit events for area performances, plays, productions, fundraisers or museum exhibits, email details to email@example.com. The deadline to get them into the calendar is 2 p.m. Tuesday before publication.