Mobile home fire in Cuero out within 15 minutes
Jan. 18, 2014 at 5 p.m.
Updated Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:18 p.m.
The pipe leading out of the roof from a freestanding wood-burning stove overheated, causing a mobile home fire in Cuero on Saturday morning.
Cuero firefighters had the fire out within 15 minutes, said Cuero Fire Chief Butch Tolbert.
He said the home was occupied at the time of the fire, but none of the occupants were injured.
The fire department received the call about the fire at the corner of Weldon and Woodworth streets about 10 a.m., Tolbert said. He said the mobile home sustained some water and smoke damage to the living room area.