Woman taken to hospital after morning fire

Jessica Priest By Jessica Priest

March 25, 2014 at 7:04 a.m.
Updated March 25, 2014 at 10:26 p.m.

A woman was taken to Citizens Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation early Tuesday after she escaped from her burning home.

The Victoria Fire Department responded to a fire in the living room area of her home in the 200 block of Timber Drive at 1:54 a.m., said Battalion Chief Roger Hempel.

The woman was the only one inside and went to a neighbor, who called 911.

The home sustained extensive heat and smoke damage; however, it is not a total loss, Hempel said, adding the fire was extinguished within 10 minutes.

The fire is under investigation.



Powered By AffectDigitalMedia