Crossroads weekly fishing report
Aug. 2, 2017 at 5:15 p.m.
• NORTH SABINE: Trout are fair while working slicks and shad. Redfish are good under rafts of shad on topwaters.
• SOUTH SABINE: Trout are fair to good at the jetty on live bait and topwaters. Trout are good while drifting scattered shell on plastics. Trout are good at the nearshore rigs on finger mullet and croakers.
• BOLIVAR: Trout are fair while wading with topwaters and live bait. Trout, sand trout, whiting and croakers are fair to good at Rollover Pass on live bait.
• TRINITY BAY: Trout are good for drifters working pods of shad and mullet. Trout, redfish and croaker are good at the spillway on live bait. Trout are fair to good at the wells on plastics and live bait.
• EAST GALVESTON BAY: Trout are fair for drifters working deep shell on limetreuse and plum plastics. Trout are good on live bait around the Ship Channel. Trout are good around slicks and reefs on soft plastics.
• WEST GALVESTON BAY: Trout and redfish are good at the jetty on shrimp and finger mullet. Trout and redfish are fair to good at the mouth of bayous on the outgoing tide on live shrimp.
• TEXAS CITY: Trout are fair to good on the reefs and in the channel on live shrimp and croakers. Redfish and sand trout are fair to good in Moses Lake on shrimp.
• FREEPORT: Trout are fair good at San Luis Pass and the jetties on shrimp and soft plastics. Trout, redfish, sand trout and sheepshead are fair on live shrimp on the reefs in Christmas Bay and Chocolate Bay.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair for drifters on live shrimp over mid-bay reefs in streaky water. Redfish are fair while wading the shorelines with small topwaters. Trout are fair for waders tossing croakers.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair on sand and grass on soft plastics and topwaters. Redfish are fair on mud and shell on live shrimp.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Trout and redfish are fair on topwaters and live bait over sand, grass and shell near Pass Cavallo. Trout and redfish are fair at the mouths of the back lakes on the outgoing tide. Offshore is good for ling and kingfish.
• ROCKPORT: Trout are fair in the guts and channels on free-lined shrimp. Trout are fair over grass while drifting with live shrimp. Redfish are fair in the guts on mullet.
• PORT ARANSAS: Trout, redfish and sheepshead are fair to good at the jetty on shrimp and croakers. Offshore is good for kingfish and ling.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Trout are fair to good on the edge of the spoils on live shrimp and croakers. Trout are fair around Emmords Hole on piggy perch and croakers.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are fair to good on topwaters and croakers around sand and grass along the King Ranch shoreline. Trout are fair to good in the Land Cut at night under lights.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Trout are fair to good on topwaters on the edge of the channel and around sand and grass. Trout and redfish are fair while wading spoil islands on topwaters. Offshore is good for amberjack, kingfish and ling.
• SOUTH PADRE: Trout are fair on DOA Shrimp and Gulps while drifting the grass beds. Snook are good in South Bay on live shrimp and small Super Spooks.
• PORT ISABEL: Trout are fair on edges of flats on topwaters and live shrimp. Redfish are fair to good on small topwaters and live shrimp in Airport Cove and over sand and grass humps and guts.
Compiled by Bink Grimes