Your business date book
Aug. 13, 2017 at midnight
Through Aug. 22
Microsoft Excel course
• Victoria College Emerging Technology Complex
• 7403 Lone Tree Road
• 5:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
• $200, which includes all course materials
• Presented by Victoria Colleges Workforce and Continuing Education Department. Through hands-on instruction, students will learn the basic concepts of spreadsheet functions as well as how to create formulas, charts, graphs and reports.
• For more information, call 361-582-2528 or email Mary.Pullin@VictoriaCollege.edu.
Golden Crescent Beekeepers Association
• Victoria County 4-H Activity Center
• 259 Bachelor Drive
• 7 p.m.
• A monthly meeting for local beekeepers.
Presentation on Stem Cell Therapy
• Natural Wellness of Texas
• 2601 N. Azalea St., Suite 31
• 6-7 p.m.
• Presented by Dr. Tim Holcomb.
• Call 361-485-0449 to reserve seats.
Vessel Turn-In Program
• Calhoun County drop-off
• 900 Landfill Road, Port Lavaca
• 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• The vessel will be delivered to the drop-off point, where it will be verified that it qualifies for disposal. All hazardous materials, such as fuel, oil and batteries, will be removed and the boat destroyed. The boat must be clear of waste and debris. Boats under 26 feet long are being accepted. Longer boats may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
• To register or for additional in formation, call 361-552-8081.
• Crossroads Christian School
• 105 W. Stayton Ave.
• 6 p.m.
• Enjoy refreshments as you tour the school, view displays and curriculum and meet the teachers. Classrooms will be open for you to observe instructional activities. Information for drill team, auto shop, sports and electives available.
Free Lecture on Mary Eleanor Brackenridge
• First United Methodist Church
• 134 W. Pearl St., Goliad
• 6:30 p.m.
• Retired educator Diann R. Walleck of Edna, will speak on Mary Eleanor Brackenridge, who was once referred to as being "in many respects the foremost woman citizen of Texas." She was a club-woman and advocate of women's rights.
City Of Victoria Water Bill Assistance
• Community Action Committee
• 4007 Halsey St.
• 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Community Action Committee of Victoria will determine income eligibility with the customers with three months' documentation of income provided along with the itemized bill and history from the city water department. The bill must be an active account and in the name of a household member who is 18 years or older and responsible for the account.
• Call 361-578-2989 to make an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome.
Preparing for Active Shooter Incidents
• UHV University Center Building Multipurpose Room
• 3007 North Ben Wilson St.
• 4-6 p.m.
• This class will give you a basic understanding of active shooter events and police response. You will learn methods to overcome the physiological effects of stress in a disaster situation and create a simple plan of action that can prepare you to survive a worst-case scenario. Presented by SPO John Turner, Victoria Police Department.
HeartSaver First Aid, CPR and AED Class
• Victoria College Allied Health Building, room 112
• 2200 E. Red River St.
• 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• The course will include lectures, discussion and skills practice following the current American Heart Association guidelines for HeartSaver CPR, cardiac arrest recognition, cardiac compressions, first aid and use of an automated external defibrillator.
• Pre-registration is required by visiting VictoriaCollege.edu/EMSTraining, calling 361-582-2412 or emailing HealthCareers@VictoriaCollege.edu.
End of Life Seminar
• Northside Baptist Church
• 4100 N. Laurent St.
• 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
• An attorney will discuss estate planning, funeral directors will discuss various services provided, hospital representative will discuss surviving cancer, Hospice will discuss the grieving process, Texas Veterans Association benefits will be discussed and other speaker will provide information for you and your survivors. Lunch will be provided; donations are appreciated.
• Call the church office at 361-578-1568 for more information. The event is sponsored by Saints Alive, Northside Baptist Church.
Downtown Cuero Farmer's Market Days
• Downtown Cuero
• 200 Block of East Main Street, Cuero
• 9 a.m.
• Offering homemade and baked goods, jams, jellies, meats, eggs, veggies, wine and crafts.
Perpetual Help Home End of Summer Bash
• Perpetual Help Home
• 705 E. Santa Rosa St.
• 5 p.m.
• Games and fun for families, food trucks, water slide and family movie in the evening, all to raise money for Perpetual Help Home.