Crossroads weekly fishing report
Aug. 17, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
• NORTH SABINE: Trout are fair to good under birds and pods of shad on soft plastics. Redfish are good under rafts of shad on topwaters. Redfish are good in the marsh on small topwaters.
• SOUTH SABINE: Trout are fair to good under birds and pods of shad. Trout are good at the jetty on live bait and topwaters.
• BOLIVAR: Trout are good on the outgoing tide at Rollover Pass on MirrOlures, live shrimp and soft plastics. Sand trout and croakers are good on fresh shrimp.
• TRINITY BAY: Trout are fair to good for drifters working pods of shad and mullet. Trout are good on the shell pads around the wells on soft plastics. Trout, redfish and flounder are good at the spillway on live bait.
• EAST GALVESTON BAY: Trout are good for drifters working deep shell on limetreuse Lil' Johns and plum Bass Assassins. Trout are fair to good on the shell adjacent to the channel on live croakers and shrimp.
• WEST GALVESTON BAY: Sheepshead, redfish and black drum are good at the jetty on shrimp and crabs. Offshore is good for kingfish, red snapper, ling and dolphin. Tarpon are good along the beachfront.
• TEXAS CITY: Trout are fair to good on the reefs and in the channel on live shrimp and croakers. Redfish and sand trout are fair to good in Moses Lake on shrimp.
• FREEPORT: Trout are good at San Luis Pass on shrimp, MirrOlures and soft plastics. Trout, redfish, sand trout and sheepshead are good on live shrimp on the reefs in Christmas. Trout are fair in the surf.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair for drifters on live shrimp over mid-bay reefs. Redfish are fair in the middle of the bay on live shrimp while drifting the outgoing tide.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair on sand and grass humps on soft plastics and topwaters. Redfish and black drum are fair on live shrimp in Oyster Lake and around Shell Island.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Trout and redfish are fair to good on topwaters and live bait over sand, grass and shell in San Antonio Bay. Trout and redfish are fair for drifters working the back lakes with live shrimp.
• ROCKPORT: Trout are fair in the guts and channels on free-lined shrimp. Trout are fair over grass while drifting with live shrimp. Redfish are good on piggy perch and shrimp around Mud Island.
• PORT ARANSAS: Trout, redfish and sheepshead are fair to good at the jetty on shrimp and croakers. Offshore is good for dolphin, red snapper, ling, kingfish and tuna.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Trout are fair to good on the edge of the spoils on croakers, piggy perch, Gulps and live shrimp. Redfish are good in the potholes on shrimp and croakers.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are good on topwaters, croakers and soft plastics around deep rocks and grass. Redfish are fair to good on the flats on small topwaters and Gulps.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Trout are good on topwaters on the edge of the channel and around sand and grass. Redfish are fair to good while drifting pot holes on Gulps and plastics under popping corks. Offshore is good for kingfish, red snapper, dolphin, ling and tuna.
• SOUTH PADRE: Trout are good over sand and grass in South Bay on Gulps, DOA Shrimp and live shrimp. Redfish are good on the flats on gold spoons, Gulps and small Super Spooks.
• PORT ISABEL: Trout and redfish are fair to good on the flats on live shrimp and DOA Shrimp under a popping cork. Trout are good on the deeper edges and flats on topwaters and live shrimp.
Compiled by Bink Grimes