News you can use during Harvey recovery
Aug. 27, 2017 at 12:02 p.m.
Updated Sept. 11, 2017 at 4:58 a.m.
If you see something missing from the list, contact Robbi Patterson in the newsroom at 361-574-1222.
- Classic ’60s Cocktail Party, scheduled for Sept. 7, has been postponed.
- The University of Houston-Victoria’s American Book Review Reading Series featuring Lacy Johnson at noon on Sept. 7,has been postponed.
- Open Rodeo Refugio, scheduled for Sept. 8 and 9 has been canceled.
- Adopt-A-Pet benefit scheduled Sept. 9 has been postponed.
- VPD Community Safety Fair National Night Out Kickoff Party scheduled for Sept. 9 has been canceled.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church’s 144th Annual Picnic, scheduled for Sept. 10 at the Inez Community Center in Inez has been postponed.
- The Victoria Public Library Book Sale, scheduled for Sept. 11-16 has been canceled
- The Victoria Czech Festival, scheduled for Sept. 24, has been canceled because of storm damage to the Victoria Community Center.
- The Victoria Community Theatre's "Boeing Boeing" performance has been rescheduled from Sept 14-17 to Jan. 18-21.
- Victoria Symphony's first performance of their master series called "The Undisputed Masters" that was scheduled for Sept. 16 has been postponed until March 24.
- The start date for the Adult Fall Leagues is postponed. Check the Victoria Parks & Recreation Facebook page for information and updates regarding Fall Leagues and registrations.
- Yoga Chicks, temporary location open at 2505 Bon Aire St.
- Texas A&M Agrilife Extension-Victoria County office has been temporarily moved to the Victoria County 4-H Activity Center, 259 Bachelor Drive (Victoria Regional Airport). Our phone number is the same, 361-575-4581.
- Ashley Furniture, 4500 N. Navarro St.
- Bliss Bridal and Formal Wear, 1107 Salem Road
- Harrison, Waldrop and Uherek, LLP, 101 S. Main
- Kliem and Associates, 5606 N. Navarro St.
- ServPro of Victoria, 13680 U.S. 77 N.
- Unifirst, 1201 N. John Stockbauer Drive
- Walker, Keeling LLP, 101 S. Main St.
- Wholesale Electric, 1210 Sam Houston Drive
- Crossroads Mechanical, 508 E. Crestwood Drive
- Gulf Coast Feed, 2410 Port Lavaca Drive.
- Surplus Warehouse, 5001 Houston Highway is open. For more information, call 361-579-6400.
- Zarsky Lumber Company, 604 E. Rio Grande St.
- Victoria Blue Print, 305 N. Laurent St., is open at 9 a.m.
- James Teleco for telephone repair is open. Call them at 361-574-9644, 800-551-6043 or 361-277-8961.
- DE Webworks call David Arnold, at 361-575-7656 or toll free at 800-759-3670.
- The Office, 4611 E. Airline Drive, Suite 202, has office space with phone and internet service available for use for businesses that need temporary space. Contact them at 361-571-7731.
- Rapid Printing and Design, 1708 N. Navarro St.
- Victoria Mall is open, operating on normal business hours. Some tenants remain closed.
- Walmarts, all locations are open.
- McCoy’s Building Supply, 5803 Zac Lentz Parkway, is open.
- Target, 7608 N.E. Zac Lentz Parkway
- Best Buy, 7800 N Navarro St., No. 145.
- Office Depot, 5106 N. Navarro St., is open.
- Metal Supply, 5292 S.H.185 S. is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
- Anderson Smith, Null and Stofer, 700 One O'Connor Plaza
- Crossroads Title Company, 104 S. Main and 6316 N. Navarro
- Crossroads Vending, 107 John Stockbauer Drive
- Elegant Limousine and Charter, 1508 N. Ben Jordan
- Filley Law Firim, 214 S. Main St., second floor
- Fishers Auto Sales, 1302 Sam Houston Drive
- Fountain of Youth Medical Spa, 6234 N. Navarro
- Senior Helpers is open. For more information or assistance, call 361-894-8901, 24 hours a day.
- Frost Insurance, 6835, N. Main St.
- Heritage Mark, 5606 N. Navarro, Suite 200
- Outlaw Offroad of Texas, 3701 John Stockbauer Drive
- Sherwin Williams Paint, both locations
- Toyota of Victoria, 5902 N. Navarro St.
- Unique HR. 5606 N. Navarro
- Victoria Country Club, 14 Spring Creek Road
- Victoria Insurance Group, 2014 John Stockbauer Drive
- Victoria Oliver Company, 2303 N. Main St.
- Positively-Batteries,3908 Houston Highway
- Discount Tire, all locations
- Pure Fitness, 311 E Mockingbird Lane
- Truax Water Well Services, 576 Carefree Drive
- Carpet Handlers, 1509 Port Lavaca Drive
- Ashley Home Store, 5201 N Navarro St.
- Bedbutler's Furniture, 4002 N Navarro St
- Verizon, 8706 N Navarro St.
- Superior Carports, 3409 Houston highway
- AdMark, 3904 John Stockbauer Suite 114
- Advocate Digital Media, 4611 E. Airline, Suite 200
- All American Awards, 4502 Lilac Lane, Suite B
- At&T at Whispering Creek, 6308 N. Navarro St.
- Atzenhoffer, 3211 N. Navarro St.
- Barbara Bauer Briggs Family YMCA, 1806 N. Nimitz Ave.
- Baymont Hotel and Suites, 8107 NE Zac Lentz Parkway
- Ben E. Keith, 5505 Kaepa Court
- Best Western, 8106 NE Zac Lentz Parkway
- Billy T. Cattan Recovery Outreach, 1908 N. Laurent, Suite 120
- BioMat, USA, 1909 E. Red River
- Budget Binds, 8806 N. Navarro, Suite 500
- Bumgardner Morrison and Company, 1501 E. Mockingbird Lane, Suite 300
- Cactus Canyon, 3613 N. Navarro St.
- Central Drug, 6104 N. Navarro St.
- City Mortgage Group, 3606 B. John Stockbauer Lane
- Cole, Easley, Sciba and Williams, 302 W. Forrest St.
- Days Gone Bye, 508 N. Moody St.
- Dr. Frank Henry, 909 N. Navarro St.
- Farmers Insurance, 3606 A. John Stockbauer Drive
- Great Clips, 6902 N. Navarro St. Suite 100
- Greg Spears Realty, 2204 E. Airline Drive
- Ground Guys, 2410 Port Lavaca Drive
- Homewood Suites by Hilton, 6705 NE Zac Lentz Parkway
- JHC Insurance Agency, Inc. 4611 E. Airline Road, Suite 102
- Jung Tile and Granite, 5208 Zac Lentz parkway
- Keller and Associates, 101 S. Main , Suite 300
- Re/MAX Land and Home, 5215 N. Navarro St.
- Reclamation Counseling Center, 506 Glascow St.
- Service Supply of Victoria, 16012 Zac Lentz Parkway
- South Star Wealth Management, One O'Connor Plaza
- SportClips Haircuts, 8806 N. Navarro St.
- The Club at Colony Creek, 301 Colony Creek Drive
- The UPS Store, both locations
- United Rentals, 12104 N. Navarro St.
- Victoria Country Club, 14 Spring Creek Road
- Victoria Mall, 7800 N. Navarro St.
- Aldi at Sam Houston and Navarro streets will be open.
- H-E-B, all locations open.
- Sam’s Club, 9202 N. Navarro St.
- Telferner Grocery and Market, 202 Wood St.
- Walgreens - All locations are open
- Rogers Pharmacy both locations open.
- CVS, 2702 N. Navarro St.
- Central Drug, 3802 N. Laurent St.
- Victoria County Extension Office, has relocated to the Victoria County 4-H Activity, 259 Bachelor Drive because of damage suffered during Hurricane Harvey.
- Dr. Frederick Lykes' medical office, 303 E. Airline Road, will be closed indefinitely because of damages caused by Hurricane Harvey. Patients can still send their bill payments to the office address.
- Wharton Field Office has been closed. The regular phone number is still functioning, 979-532-0077, Ext. 3. From this number we will be able to locate the personnel you are trying to reach.
- Yoga Chicks, is temporarily relocated at at 2505 Bon Aire St. Gentle Yoga, 11 a.m. Wed.; Yoga Basics, 5:45 p.m. Wed.
- The Victoria Library is closed for repairs, visit victoriatx.org/departments/library for updates.
- The Victoria Public Library Book Sale, scheduled for Sept. 11-16 has been canceled
- Victoria Public Library Story Time has been relocated to St. Francis Episcopal Church, 3002 Miori Lane for Sept. 12-14. Tuesday times are 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.; Wednesday and Thursday times are 9:30 and 10:30 a.m.
- Book drops are open at Main Street on the side of the library, Victoria Health Department on Airline Drive side and at the Victoria Mall on Navarro Street at Sears
- Reserve books for pick up when the library opens, by calling 361-485-3302
- Ebooks is available with OverDrive. Call 361-485-3302 for help setting up your account, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m weekdays.
- The VC/UHV Library invites the community to utilize its resources while the Victoria Public Library is closed as it recovers from Hurricane Harvey. Stop by the VC/UHV Library, located at 2602 N. Ben Jordan, to charge mobile devices, use computers, check email and for internet access. The VC/UHV Library is also offering print outs free of charge to residents. The Library is open from 7:45 a.m.-10 p.m., Monday-Thursday; Friday from 7:45 a.m.- 5 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from 1-6 p.m. For more information, call 570-4166.
- All 16 parks in the City are closed until further notice. Although Riverside Park remains closed following Hurricane Harvey, the Victoria Parks & Recreation Office is open and can be reached by calling 361-485-3200 or email email@example.com.
- All Community Center reservations for the month of September have been cancelled. Reservations will be rescheduled or refunded.
- For FEMA local job opportunities, go to workintexas.com which is the Texas Workforce Commission web site for jobs. First register for jobs on the site, then search for FEMA when doing a job search. FEMA benefits from hiring people who know the territory well. These are temporary jobs but often last several months even longer
- The Victoria Advocate, for a limited time, is offering 14 days free online only Classifieds to post your situation and to help you recover. You may post lost or found items such as pets or valuables, offered or wanted items such as phones, computers and devices, housing, etc. Visit Crossroadsfinder.com/recovery to place your ad.
- A FEMA Disaster Recovery Center is in Victoria at the Dr. Pattie Dodson Public Health Center, 2805 N. Navarro St. The center is open from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. daily. FEMA is recommending people apply online at DisasterAssistance.gov or call 1-800-621-3362.
- FEMA Disaster Recovery Center open at Calhoun County Library, 200 W. Mahan St., Port Lavaca. Open 7 a.m.-7 p.m. daily.
- FEMA Mobile Disaster Recovery Center now open at 911 Navigation Circle, Rockport. Available 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. daily, as needed.
- FEMA Mobile Disaster Recovery Center is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m daily, at Edna High School Football Stadium, 1303 West Gayle St. in Edna.
- Spraying for mosquitoes continues daily about 8 p.m. across the city. Spraying is done in the evening and early morning hours. If you are outside when the fogging truck approaches, go inside until the truck passes and the fog subsides. Residents can help with mosquito control by emptying storm debris and other things such as old tires, bird baths, potted plants and clogged rain gutters that may be holding water that creates a prime breeding place for the pests. Mowing tall grass also helps to reduce breeding and swarming areas. Tree limbs and other storm debris should be stacked so it does not block drainage.
- Mosquito Squad of Victoria, 209 Alamogordo Drive. Orkin Pest Control, 808 E. Nueces St., call 361-237-3801.
- Spiffy’s Laundry, 203 Sam Houston Drive, is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Metro Wash Victoria, 2009 E. Red River St., 6 a.m. to midnight or later if there is a demand.
- Splish Splash Laundromat, 1702 N Ben Wilson St.
- Restoration House Ministries- Gleanings Resale, 1204 N. Moody St., is offering free clothing to hurricane victims and first responders 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Volunteers are needed to help sort, load and deliver to surrounding counties for flood victims and first responders. If you would like to set up clothing distribution in your area, call 361-237-0500. You can pick up clothing to take, or we can make arrangements to deliver. Must have a contact person, contact number and distribution location to deliver to.
- Hot meals and supplies will be distributed Thursday through Saturday to community members at Our Lady of Sorrows Church parking lot, 310 W River, from 1 to 4 p.m. No food will be served Saturday.
- PepsiCo has joined with VISD to provide Lunchables and light meals to the students and community of Victoria. Food will be available through Sept. 8 at Patti Welder Cafeteria from 2-4 p.m. and Crain Elementary Cafeteria from 4-6 p.m.
- Christ’s Kitchen, 611 E. Warren Ave., serving hot meals. The program’s hours are 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Saturday. They also help with other needs as resources permit.
- H-E-B will again mobilize its Disaster Relief Units and Mobile Kitchens starting in Refugio on Sept. 6. H-E-B will continue to distribute food, water and supplies to those in need.
- A single phone call will connect donors, volunteers and affected individuals or families of Hurricane Harvey victims with the resources they need. The number is 361-433-2785 and will connect to the Victoria Responds Call Center. The line will be answered 8 a.m. to 5 p.m daily. The original volunteer/donation line is 361-580-5790 and will be answered from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Affected individuals and families should pre-register with both FEMA at 1-800-621-3362 and with the American Red Cross at 1-866-526-8300.
- BreakTime at Victoria Tower, 1908N. Laurent, Suite 130
- Brown Bag Saloon, 8609 N. Navarro St.
- Eatz Cafe/Xtreme Catering, 101 S. Main St. Lower lever of Prosperity Bank
- Frances Maries, 2505 Houston Highway
- Grapevine Cafe, 110 Medical Drive, Suite 102. For call-in orders, dial 361-550-8984.
- Dairy Treet, 3808 N. Laurent St., open daily 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Kountry Bakery, both locations, 6005 N. Main St. and 5101 N. John Stockbauer Drive, open Mon.-Sat. 5 a.m. to noon
- Whataburger, all locations are open
- Mumphord’s Place BBQ, 1202 E. Juan Linn St.
- The Box Coffee Bar, corner of Main Street and Santa Rosa Street
- Josie’s Mexican Food, 610 Adams Ave., in Port O’Connor
- Beijing Gardens, 113 S. Main St.
- Little Caesar’s, 1301 Rio Grande St.
- Victoria Donuts, 3805 N. Navarro St. C.
- L&L Grill, 5306 Houston Highway
- La Guera Regia, 819 S. Shepley St., in Bloomington
- Guerrilla Gourmet, 311 E. Constitution St.
- Taco Rico, 1615 Port Lavaca Drive, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- New Rodeo No. 2, 2001 John Stockbauer Drive, from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Halepaska’s Bakery, 5805 John Stockbauer Drive
- Super Donuts, 1917 John Stockbauer Drive, open until 6 p.m.
- Halftime Grill and Sports Bar on Navarro Street
- Olive Garden, 7609 N.E. Zac Lentz Parkway
- Pizza Hut at 7002 N.E. Zac Lentz Parkway (by the Victoria Mall)/li>
- Panda Express, 8709 N. Navarro St.
- Burger Nation, 3112 N. Navarro St.
- Texas Roadhouse, 4908 N. Navarro St.
- Papa John’s, 3112 N. Navarro St.
- Dairy Queen, 207 N. Moody St.
- Noot’s Thai Kitchen from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Huvar’s Artisan Market and Catering, 110 West Juan Linn St. from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Vela Farms On The Square, 104 N. Main St.
- Golden Corral, 5102 N. Navarro St., from 10:45 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Chick-fil-A, 6104 N. Navarro St.
- Bush’s Chicken, 4209 N. Navarro St.
- Wienerschnitzel, 1218 E. Rio Grande St.
- KB’s BBQ, Laurent Street and Cuero Highway locations
- Grandy’s, 4201 N. Navarro St.
- Limon’s BBQ at the Corral, 502 Houston Highway
- Red Lobster, 7404 Zac Lentz Parkway
- Double J Eatery, 8607 N. Navarro St.
- El Pico de Gallo, 609 E. Rio Grande St.
- Uncle Mutt’s BBQ, 5404 N. Navarro St.
- Las Palmas, 6007 N. Main St.
- Hacienda, 7702 N. Navarro St.
- Subway, all locations
- Moo Moo’s Drive-In, Airline Drive and Ben Wilson Street.
- Heart to Heart Mobile Clinic will be at Seadrift City Hall, 501 Main St., Seadrift, 1 p.m. Thursday.
- Citizens Medical Center and DeTar Hospital Navarro are open and operating.
- Citizens Mission Valley Clinic, 8410 Farm-to-Market Road 236, is open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Friday, walk-ins are welcome.
- DeTar Hospital North is now open, providing all services. The Cardiac Catheterization-Lab at DeTar Hospital Navarro is now in operation.
- DeTar on Demand will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 9006 N. Navarro St., in front of Walmart SuperCenter, for non-emergency medical needs.
- DaVita Victoria Dialysis center and DaVita Spring Creek Dialysis center are open. Individuals needing assistance for treatment regardless of primary dialysis provider, including scheduling, are asked to call DaVita Guest Services at 1-800-400-8331. Patients and their family members can also visit blogs.davita.com for a list of open DaVita centers that is regularly updated.
- Zoom Physical Therapy and Wellness, 2806 N. Main St.
- Advanced Bariatric and Surgical Specialist, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 300
- Fountain of Youth Medical Spa, 6234 N. Navarro St.
- Victoria Transit is offering free transportation for medical and dialysis purposes until 6 p.m. for Victoria and DeWitt counties. The number to call is 1-877-538-6819.
- Clinical Pathology Labs, all locations
- Victoria ER, 6703 N. Navarro St.
- Senior Helpers is open. For more information or assistance, call 361-894-8901, 24 hours a day.
- Victoria Eye Center, 107 James Coleman Drive
- Hilbert, Resendez, & Vo Pediatrics,110 Medical Drive
- Calhoun County landfill and recycling center, 900 Landfill Road, in Port Lavaca, is accepting wood and metal for free. Residents may also bring household garbage, but there will be a normal charge for that.
- Victoria’s regular collection of household trash resumed Monday. The regular scheduled residential pickup is for household trash only. No brush, construction debris, yard waste or recycling will be picked up. Residents who have more household trash than will fit in their container may use their yellow and green recycling cart for excess trash. Additionally, residents may use plastic bags and other garbage cans for excess trash. All trash carts must be at least 5 feet away from the nearest object, including parked vehicles. A contractor, AshBritt, will be collecting the yard waste and other hurricane debris by neighborhood at no charge to the resident. The schedules will be announced at a later time. Residents who do not want to wait for brush pickup may take their tree limbs and yard waste to the Regional Compost site at 18125 Farm-to-Market Road 1686. All loads must be secured and covered. The normal fee will apply based on the size of the load. The compost site will open for limb and brush drop-off from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Loads must be secured and covered. There is a fee based on the size of load. Curbside pickup of household waste is suspended at this time to allow crews to work on debris abatement. Notice will be provided when that service will begin.
- Texas Port Recycling, 3105 Odem St., 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday. They are accepting scrap metal.
- Hillcrest Animal Hospital, 4001 John Stockbauer Drive
- Children’s Discovery Museum is open.
- Museum of the Coastal Bend, 2200 E. Red River St.
- Victoria Rio Grande
- Aransas Pass
- Port Lavaca
- Victoria H‑E‑B plus!
- Pit Stop convenience store located at North Laurent Street and North Street. Not sure if it has gas.
- Dollar General on South Moody Street and West Red River Street. The store has no power and is taking cash only. Appears to let people shop one at a time, and taking front door orders only.
- Speedy Stop on U.S. 59.
- The Walmart on Rio Grande Street might open this afternoon at 3 or 4 p.m.
- Circle R Drive In in Lolita.
- Nine Corpus Christi stores
- Kenedy Convenience
a telephone hotline by the Texas Education Agency for parents in the Victoria area to receive updates regarding public education announcements following Hurricane Harvey. Parents in the Victoria area can call (512) 463-9603 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. seven days a week for up-to-date information on public education options and enrollment information for their student.
VICTORIA PUBLIC LIBRARY
PARKS/COMMUNITY CENTER CLOSED
VICTORIA COMMUNITY CENTER
Victoria Responds Call Center
Updated at 11 a.m. Tuesday
La Guera Regia restaurant, 819 S. Shepley St. in Bloomington is serving lunch for anyone who wants to come and eat.
Rogers pharmacy at 8621 N.Navarro St. and at 6502 Regional Drive are open today. They are able to help with any prescriptions that have been filled at any Rogers Pharmacy.
H-E-B in Port Lavaca is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The store, located at 101 Calhoun Plaza, cannot accept debit or credit cars. It can accept Lonestar cards, checks and cash, according to the Calhoun County Office of Emergency Management.
H-E-B's pharmacy cannot fill new prescriptions; however, if residents had a prescription ready to be picked up before the story, they can pick it up now.
H-E-B is also providing free water. There is a limit of two units of water per person.
There is still no ice or gas available.
Additionally, the Port Lavaca Police Department, 201 N. Colorado St., has opened its doors for people wanting to charge their cellphones and drink coffee in the lobby. The department asks residents to bring their own cups and filters.
Updated at 10 a.m.
Both Walmarts in Victoria are open.
Halepaska's Bakery, 5805 John Stockbauer Drive, will be open until 3 p.m.
Super Donuts, 1917 John Stockbauer Drive, will be open until 6 p.m.
Target, 7608 N.E. Zac Lentz Parkway, will be open for the rest of the week until 7 p.m.
New Rodeo #2, 2001 John Stockbauer Drive, is open and will continue to be from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The Donut Palace 3602 #J U.S. 59, is open.
Updated at 9:23 a.m.
Guerrilla Gourmet, 311 E. Constitution St. is open.
Telferner Grocery and Market, 202 Wood St., will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The store will have gas, ice and groceries until it runs out.
Sam's Club, 9202 N. Navarro St., will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The store has gas, groceries and generators.
H-E-B on Rio Grande Street is open and will run out of gas in the next hour. The store has cold items like eggs and milk, but is out of meat and waiting on a company meat truck. H-E-B plus!, 6106 N. Navarro St.,is also open. Both stores will be open until 9 p.m. The H-E-B, 101 Calhoun Plaza, in Port Lavaca is now open.
The Texan, 526 W. Main St., Cuero, is open and has gas. The store stays open 24-hours.
Updated at 8:38 a.m.
DeTar on Demand will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the DeTar Hospital Navarro location for non-emergency medical needs.
Christ's Kitchen, 611 E Warren Ave, is open and has coffee and doughnuts. Sandwiches will be served until hot food can be.
Updated at 8:11 a.m. Tuesday
Cyro Depot, 104. E. Rio Grande St., is offering to first responders and line men. The parking lot is off Main Street.
Gas stations confirmed to be open:
Conoco Fastop, 3508 N. Navarro St.
Mobil, 5101 Houston Highway
Telferner Grocery and Market, 202 Wood St. (limited)
Speedy Stop, 8701 N. Navarro St. (near Academy)
Exxon, 5006 Houston Highway
Small station at Glasgow Street and Blyth Street.
Speedy Stop on U.S. 59.
B&D's General Store on U.S. 87
Updated at 9 p.m.
An Emergency Response Team, equipped with Disaster Relief Units and the H-E-B Mobile Kitchens, worked from Sunday through Monday in Victoria to serve more than 8,000 meals and provide supplies to people in need. On Tuesday, the units and Mobile Kitchens will relocate and stage at the Rockport H-E-B, 1409 Highway North Business. HEB expects to be in Rockport by mid-afternoon, setting up for dinner service where the company expects to serve more than 2,000 meals.
As the storm develops HEB intends to continue to assess where the support of the disaster relief units is needed most.
The convoy of more than 15 vehicles, which includes the DRUs, two H-E-B Mobile Kitchens, water and fuel tankers and H-E-B trailers, will deliver much-needed relief supplies and services to the communities in the affected hurricane area. H-E-B’s DRUs are fully equipped with an H-E-B Pharmacy and mobile Business Services unit, which will allow displaced residents to fill prescriptions, cash checks and pay bills, as well as provide access to an ATM. The H-E-B Mobile Kitchens, two 45-foot-long food preparation facilities that are designed to serve up to 6,000 meals per day, will set up and serve hot meals to first responders and storm victims.
In all, more than 100 H-E-B Partners continue to help with our Mobile Kitchen and Disaster Relief Unit efforts.
HOW TO DONATE: All H-E-B, Central Market and Joe V’s Smart Shop stores across Texas will launch a statewide tear pad campaign offering customers an opportunity to support victims by donating in increments of $1, $3, or $5 at the checkstand.
All money accepted from the tear pad campaign, as well as a $100,000 donation from H-E-B, will benefit the American Red Cross, The Salvation Army and Feeding Texas.
DONATION RECAP: On Tuesday morning, Central Market stores and Partners will serve breakfast to more than 300 people at Red Cross shelters in Dallas. On Monday, Central Market stores delivered breakfast to three Dallas-area shelters, feeding about 600 people displace by the storm. The Central Market team also is gearing up to serve requests from the Mayor's Office and Red Cross to help feed up to 5,000 evacuees at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.
We have over 120 H-E-B Partners from Laredo to Brownsville in our Border Region that have deployed to the Gulf Coast to help with recovery efforts in Corpus Christi. On Monday, multiple Partner teams went to help with store efforts in Victoria.
On Tuesday, dozens of H-E-B Partners from San Antonio will help with donation efforts at the San Antonio Food Bank. H-E-B will donate a trailer filled with cases of water and another truckload of food and dry goods to the organization to help in its relief efforts. Partners will unload trucks, starting at 1:30 pm. In San Antonio, several H-E-B Pharmacies are filling prescriptions for area shelters. The San Antonio region also has teams ready to assist in store recovery in Houston as soon as it is safe to enter the city.
So far, six Texas Food Banks have received water donations. Each location received a full truckload of water, which is about 20 pallets of bottled water. The locations are as follows:
South Texas Food Bank - Laredo
Corpus Christi Food Bank - Corpus Christi
Food Bank of the Golden Crescent - Victoria
Food Bank of the Rio Grande Valley - Pharr
Southeast Texas Food Bank – Beaumont
Houston Food Bank - Houston
STORE CLOSURES: To stay current with store closings, visit heb.com/disaster
For additional information, follow our updates via Facebook at @HEB and Twitter at @HEB and @HEBPrepared.
The following Crossroads stores are closed:
Updated at 4:54 p.m.
Royal Fig Catering of Austin will be in Bloomington at 51 West 2nd Street. They will serve 600 free meals beginning at 6 pm.
Updated at 4:54 p.m.
McCoy's Building Supply, 5803 Zac Lentz Parkway, is open. They are selling generators as of Monday afternoon.
Updated at 3:15 p.m.
TrustTexas Bank will open its locations in Cuero and Yorktown on Tuesday for normal business hours. In Victoria, the branch on Sam Houston drive-thru lanes will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and lobby hours will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The branch located on Laurent in Victoria will be closed. Please check TrustTexasBank.com for changes in hours at the Victoria location.
Updated at 3 p.m.
Taco Rico, located at 1615 Port Lavaca Drive, will open from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Updated at 2:55 p.m.
DaVita Victoria Dialysis center and DaVita Spring Creek Dialysis center are open.
Individuals needing assistance for treatment regardless of primary dialysis provider, including scheduling, are asked to call DaVita Guest Services at 1-800-400-8331. Patients and their family members can also visit blogs.davita.com for a list of open DaVita centers that is regularly updated.
Updated at 2:13 p.m.
The ice and water provided by the Texas Office of Emergency Management being distributed at the Victoria Community Center and at Victoria East High School have been depleted. The distribution center at Faith Family has a very limited supply of drinking water, but expects more water to be delivered tomorrow.
Updated at 1:50 p.m.
Some local TDECU Member Centers are open to help members. For an up-to-date list of open Member Centers, visit tdecu.org/storm.
The Victoria Economic Development Corp. will not have a meeting Tuesday morning.
Updated at 1:46 p.m.
Brackenridge Recreation Complex is in the process of reopening and will make sites available to those seeking shelter in RVs. The cabins are currently being used by Jackson Electric Co-op crews.
Updated at 1:41 p.m.
Distribution centers giving out water and ice will be running out within an hour or less. If anyone knows of free water sources for the public, please call the city at 580-5790.
Updated at 1 p.m.
Sam's Club is open. They will close at 6 p.m. today.
Updated at 11:55 a.m.
The H-E-B mobile kitchen is still open at the Rio Grande location and expects to serve 8,000 meals Monday, according to a news release.
The company tweeted that the mobile kitchen would serve lunch starting at 12 and dinner starting at 5.
As the storm develops, officials will assess where the Disaster Relief Units are needed most.
The following Gulf Coast stores have reopened:
Victoria H-E-B plus!, 6106 N. Navarro
Victoria, Rio Grande
Falfurrias, 700 S. St. Mary’s St.
Robstown, 308 E. Main
Alice, 1115 E. Main
Kingsville, 409 E. Kleberg Ave.
Alameda & Robert, 4320 S. Alameda St., Corpus Christi
Alameda & Glazebrook, 3133 S. Alameda St., Corpus Christi
Staples & Saratoga H-E-B plus!, 5313 Saratoga, Corpus Christi
Leopard & Violet, 11100 Leopard, Corpus Christi
Kostoryz & Gollihar, 4444 Kostoryz, Corpus Christi
Flour Bluff H-E-B plus!, 1145 Waldron Rd., Corpus Christi
Blanche Moore & SPID, 5425 SPID at Staples, Corpus Christi
Leopard and Nueces Bay, 3500 Leopard, Corpus Christi
South Port and Tarlton, 3033 S. Port, Corpus Christi
Lake Jackson, 97 Oyster Creek
El Campo, 306 N. Mechanic
Wharton, 1616 N. Alabama
Portland, 1600 Wildcat Dr.
Kenedy, 107 N. Sunset Strip
Kenedy Convenience store
Yoakum, 201 W. Gonzales
Beeville, 100 E. Houston St.
Gonzales, 1841 Church St.
Cuero, 909 E. Broadway
Sinton, 106 S. San Patricio
To get updates on store closings, visit heb.com/disaster.
The DRUs are fully equipped with an H-E-B Pharmacy and mobile Business Services unit, which will allow residents to fill prescriptions, cash checks and pay bills, as well as provide access to an ATM.
Updated at 10:17 a.m.
Victoria ER is open.
Updated at 9:22 a.m.
Target is open.
Updated at 9:13 a.m. Monday.
Mercer Emergency Room in Victoria is scheduled to open at 10 a.m. Call 361-576-9437.
Updated at 1:01 a.m. Monday.
Guerilla Gourmet at 311 E. Constitution St. is open.
Updated at 11:30 p.m.
Walmart at 9002 N. Navarro St. will re-open 10 a.m. Monday, according to its Facebook page.
Updated at 10:24 p.m.
Faith Family Church, 2002 E Mockingbird Lane, and volunteers will provide food, ice, water, medical assistance and city-wide clean up assistance from noon to 4 p.m. Monday.
Church officials are bringing together volunteers with Convoy of Hope, Samaritan's Purse and Heart to Heart International Mobile Medical Clinic in the church parking lot. Volunteers are needed from from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Updated at 6:37 p.m.
O'Reilly Auto Parts at 1007 East Rio Grande Street will be open until 9 p.m. and has an 18-wheeler full of generators to sell.
Updated at 6:30 p.m.
The H-E-B disaster relief team will be watching the weather and which roads are safe to travel when planning to go to other communities.
"If we can't get all these vehicles to a location, we're trying to get resources there," said Julie Bedingfield, store spokeswoman.
The mobile kitchen, pharmacy and business center will be in Victoria tomorrow as well at the Rio Grande location.
The mobile home kitchen can serve 2,000 meals for each breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Breakfast will be served from 8 to 10 a.m., lunch from 12 to 2 p.m. and dinner from 5 to 7 p.m.
"That is all depending on the weather," Bedingfield said.
H-E-B officials are working on stocking the Rio Grande store, which is open. Customers can donate to the Red Cross in the store, and H-E-B is donating $100,000 for the relief.
The H-E-B plus! location ran out of water, and the Rio Grande location is running out.
H-E-B Gulf Coast area stores open:
H-E-B Gulf Coast area stores closed:
Updated at 5:43 p.m.
The H-E-B Rio Grande location is open in limited capacity.
Updated at 4:49 p.m.
The H-E-B Rio Grande location is distributing free food and providing some pharmacy services.
The H-E-B Plus! on Navarro Street is distributing free water.
Updated: 4:02 p.m.
The Victoria Mall is closed. Mall officials are continuing to assess the damage from Hurricane Harvey and make necessary repairs to re-open. Officials hope to be open as soon as possible. The mall closed when the county's mandatory evacuation was put in place.
Updated: 4:05 p.m.
H-E-B on Rio Grande Street will open in about 15 minutes, company spokeswoman Regina Garcia said.
Updated: 2:34 p.m.
Free ice and water will be available to Victoria County and city residents until 8 p.m. at the Victoria Community Center, 205 E. North St., and East High School, 4103 E. Mockingbird.
Each car will receive one case of water and bag of ice, according to the city's Facebook.
Red Cross officials are still supporting shelter operations as they continue, said Debbie Ellsworth, disaster program manager.
"We do have pre-positioned supplies in place working and we're working with local emergency management as far as distribution."
Updated: 2:14 p.m.
Limon's BBQ food truck is open at The Corral on Houston Highway. Call 361-788-3381 for more information.
Updated: 2:12 p.m.
It could take H-E-B officials a couple of hours to set up the mobile kitchen and pharmacy, according to the gate keeper. No definite answer of when it will be set up at this time.
Updated: 2 p.m.
The H-E-B mobile kitchen and pharmacy is now at the Rio Grande location.
Company spokeswoman Regina Garcia still doesn't know the estimated time of arrival for the water and ice trailers to give out free supplies at both store locations.
The Food Bank of the Golden Crescent is planning to reopen Monday at 10 a.m. if weather allows.
The Food Bank will supply food and is hoping to also supply water to residents.
The Food Bank has been working with the American Red Cross and other local emergency services to distribute supplies.
Updated: 1:20 p.m.
Cuero H-E-B is on track to open at 1:30 p.m., company spokeswoman Regina Garcia said.
With no water in the city, both H-E-B locations most likely will not open today in Victoria.
"We're trying our best," Garcia said.
Updated: 1:14 p.m.
H-E-B mobile kitchen and pharmacy is about 15 minutes away from the Rio Grande Location.
The H-E-B in Cuero is not open, but officials hope to open the store this afternoon.
Company spokeswoman Regina Garcia isn't sure if the company will be able to open stores in Victoria today.
Updated: 12:44 p.m.
Unofficial stores open gathered so far through social media and sight:
Updated: 12:11 p.m.
The H-E-B mobile kitchen and pharmacy is about an hour away from the company's Rio Grande Location
The kitchen will be serving free food. Company spokeswoman is still unsure of estimated time of arrival for the water and ice trailers to give out free supplies at both Victoria store locations.
Updated: 11:48 a.m.
Home Depot is open, according to the city's Facebook page. Target officials are working to open the Victoria store tomorrow.
Pit Stop convenience store located at North Laurent Street and North Street is open.
Updated: 11:11 a.m.
The H-E-B water and ice trailers are on their way from Houston, but stuck in traffic, company spokeswoman Regina Garcia.
Garcia wasn't sure of their estimated time of arrival. Company trailers will provide food and ice for free at both Victoria store locations.
The company emergency pharmacy unit and mobile kitchen have also left San Antonio, and is projected to be at the H-E-B Rio Grande location by 4 p.m.
The water, ice and food will be free, but Garcia wasn't sure about the pharmacy.
"This is something that we've always done to be part of the community and serve our communities," she said. "Essentially through disaster relief we've been able to help out."
H-E-B officials would like to also help out in Rockport and other areas that are in desperate need, but aren't able to send units out there due to road and weather conditions.
"Our top priority is to get in the Victoria community and help our customers," she said. "There is a need there to help and assist. We're glad that we can provide these efforts to aid the community, and hopefully we can help them get back on track and into their homes as soon as possible."
Company officials hope to open both store locations sometime today, but do not know when.
H-E-B Plus: 6106 N Navarro St.
H-E-B: 6106 N. Navarro St.
The follow Coastal Bend stores are now open:
Updated: 10:38 a.m.
H-E-B officials planned to have free water and ice trailers at both Victoria store locations by noon, but trailers are delayed due to water in Houston.
The company does not have an estimated time of arrival as of now, said company spokeswoman Regina Garcia.
Company officials also plan to have its mobile kitchen and pharmacy at the Rio Grande location around 2:30 p.m. or sooner. The trailers are leaving San Antonio around 11 a.m.
H-E-B Plus: 6106 N Navarro St.
H-E-B: 6106 N. Navarro St.