Shiner man dies from accidental electrocution

Nov. 15, 2017 at 9:36 p.m.
Updated Nov. 15, 2017 at 9:44 p.m.

   mct graphic for The Victoria Advocate

A Shiner man died Tuesday morning after being electrocuted.

Lavaca County Sheriff's Office deputies responded about 8 a.m. Tuesday to the 1500 block of County Road 293, between Shiner and Moulton, where they found an unresponsive man, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

He said emergency service medics were unable to detect any vital signs on James Michael Thompson, 41.

Harmon said the death was unwitnessed and was initially treated "as if there was foul play involved."

A pressure cooker was found at the scene next to Thompson, Harmon said. He said maybe Thompson was working on the pressure cooker.

"He had an extension cord plugged into the wall while he was working on it," Harmon said. "Maybe he cut a wire while it was plugged in."

The Texas Rangers assisted the sheriff's office with the investigation, Harmon said. The body was sent to the Travis County Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.

Harmon said preliminary autopsy results deemed the death as accidental by electrocution.


SHARE


Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia