Victoria restaurants offer Valentine's Day specials
Feb. 11, 2018 at 10:30 p.m.
Updated Feb. 12, 2018 at 6:55 a.m.
Romance is in the air as Valentine's Day quickly approaches.
While the annual holiday lands on a Wednesday this year, it's best to make plans early to avoid the doghouse.
Here are a few local options to consider for a delicious dining experience with that special someone.
• 5102 N. Navarro St.
• Golden Corral will enhance their buffet menu for the special occasion. Additional items will include prime rib, catfish, shrimp, grilled shrimp and salmon.
• COST: $13.99 per person
• 4908 N. Navarro St.
• Along with the regular menu, Texas Roadhouse will offer a special menu for couples that includes a three-course meal. Choose between an appetizer, two entrees and dessert or choose an appetizer, two entrees and a sidekick. The restaurant will not be taking reservations.
• COST: $35-40 per couple
• 6106 N. Navarro St.
The grocery chain is offering dinner for two from 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday during its monthly wine class. Denise Gilmore, a certified chef and manager of Cooking Connection at H-E-B Plus!, will prepare a four-course ribeye dinner paired with some favorite wines of the season. Class size is limited to 10 couples.
• COST: $55 per person
Tokyo Grill and Sushi Bar
• 5006 N. Navarro St.
• Tokyo Grill and Sushi Bar will offer half off on a bottle of wine and a classic red rose for your Valentine upon request.
• 207 N. Navarro St.
• Keep the romance fresh and wild with a dinner for two at Wild Foods. The special menu offers a three-course meal that includes a starter with a choice of chicken picatta, filet mignon with lobster tail or 8-ounce herb-crusted salmon. End the romantic evening with something sweet for dessert. Call ahead to make reservations.
• COST: $100 per couple
• 109 Ed Linn, Edna
• Whether you are for or against Valentine's Day, Dixie's will have something for everyone. The special menu for both parties includes pork tenderloin, buttered potatoes, vegetables, salad, roll, tea and dessert. Call ahead to reserve a romantic table for two or a spot in the clubhouse for three to six. Guests will be seated at 6:30 p.m.
• COST: $20 per person
Rosebud Fountain and Grill
• 102 S. Main St.
• Take your Valentine to dinner and a movie at the Rosebud Fountain and Grill. Enjoy the regular menu items as they present "Loving Vincent", the world's first fully painted feature film released in 2017 about the life and mysterious death of famed painter, Vincent van Gogh.
• 236 Foster Field Drive
• In addition to the regular menu, Sky Restaurant will offer a three-course meal with a choice of one of five special entrees that includes a ribeye steak, a New York strip, tuna, flounder or the sky shrimp platter.
• COST: $30 per person
• 134 Villafranca Road
• KB's will offer a dinner special for two with a variety of entrees to choose from including ribeyes, bacon- wrapped shrimp, smoked salmon, cajun jumbo shrimp and more. Sides and dinner salads are also included. Enjoy live music from Mark Zepeda as he performs classic love songs from 5 p.m to 9 p.m.
• COST: $36 per couple ($10-$25 for regular menu items)
The Pumphouse Riverside Restaurant and Bar
• 1201 W Stayton Ave.
• Raise a glass of champagne and toast to your Valentine at a special dinner for two at the Pumphouse Riverside Restaurant and Bar. The champagne dinner offers two glasses of champagne and a three-course meal with a choice of two entrees, which includes a 12-ounce New York strip, 12-ounce ribeye, glazed honey drunken salmon, baja pasta and more. For dessert, split a strawberry fudge brownie a la mode.
• COST: $75 per couple
Huvar's Artisan Market
• 110 W. Juan Linn St.
• Huvar's Artisan Market will offer lovebirds its wood-fired pizza special from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday. Get a taste of Italy with pizza made from scratch using house-made sauces and fresh ingredients.
• COST: $15-24 per pizza
• 101 W Goodwin Ave.
• In addition to their regular menu, the Sendera is offering the Sweetheart Escape, a four-course meal with two glasses of champagne and a choice from its limited entree menu of the 12-ounce prime rib, orange-glazed cornish game hen or toasted almond-crusted rainbow trout. For dessert, choose from the red velvet cake, chocolate raspberry "Mousse in Love" or chocolate cream pie. Regular menu items will also be available.