The Victoria Rotary Club plans to build a clock at the entrance of DeTar Hospital Navarro in commemoration of the club’s centennial anniversary.
Many years ago, when I first took this job, a good friend and mentor said I really wasn’t qualified. When I asked why, he said that the first of three questions I would be asked most often was: 1) What do you think the cattle market is going to do?
Bob McCan learned to speak Spanish following the vaqueros who lived and worked on his family’s business, McFaddin Enterprises, which has been in Victoria since 1877.
Armyworm outbreaks are difficult to predict but infestations seem to occur in portions of the state every year, especially after early fall rains. Common species of armyworms present in Texas include the fall armyworm, Spodoptera frugiperda.
Aug. 9, there was a fire at the Tyson beef processing plant in Holcomb, Kan. No one was seriously injured, but the plant, which slaughtered and processed 6,000 steers and heifers per day into beef, is closed indefinitely.
As this year’s cotton harvest season kicks off, farmers have not only the effects of the trade war to fear but also the flimsy plastic bags that can blow into their fields.
I have looked at multiple yards this summer that all have the same problem, and it doesn’t matter where in the county I go. The problem appears to be take-all root rot, or take-all patch. This disease, left unchecked, can cause devastating effects to your lawn turf.
With the start of the new school year, it is time to review how to pack safe and nutritious school lunches. Please share this information with your children so they learn the importance of food safety and healthy choices.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
- Council rejects city engineer's Houston Highway safety plan, opts for realignment option
- Blotter: Victoria woman charged with harboring runaway
- Victoria County Sheriff’s Office executes warrants on two game rooms, arrests four
- Formosa agrees to $50 million settlement and zero discharge of plastic pellets
- Hurricane center monitoring potential cyclone
- 1 dead after single-car wreck near Moulton
- Second Chance Prom raises money for Crossroads Christian School (w/video)
- Goliad County Republican chairman resigns; interim replacement named
- See who we spotted around town at Victoria Ballet Theatre’s presentation of 'Inspired' at the Leo J. Welder Center
- VEDC president appointed as chairman of Texas Economic Development Council