WOOD HI — As heavy rains pelted Brian Adamek’s southeast Victoria County farm in May, and again in June, and again in July, he eventually lost track of how many inches had fallen.
In the U.S., about 4.2 million adults over the age of 40 are either legally blind or suffer from impaired vision. Age-related eye disorders such as macular degeneration, cataract, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma are the leading causes of blindness and poor vision among Americans.
GOLIAD — When Jorge and San Juanita Padilla got their cattle back on Tuesday morning, more than a dozen neighbors showed up ready to help.
GOLIAD — One day in late May, Marshall Henson was outside checking on his cattle when he encountered law enforcement officers rounding up his neighbor’s herd with horses and dogs.
Tree pollen, stinging insects and poisonous plants are some of the hazards that are lurking in and around your yard. Gardeners must use caution when performing the chores that we all love.
GOLIAD — After 138 cattle owned by a Goliad County family were impounded in an unusually large seizure operation conducted by a local constable and an animal cruelty investigator from the Houston Humane Society, the seizure is being contested in court on Friday.
PALACIOS — Back in February, the ponds at Brandon Bowers’ redfish farm in Palacios were waist-deep with red drum killed by sleet and freezing weather. At the time, foreclosure crossed his mind.
The Crossroads competes on the global stage for businesses to locate major projects in local communities, and the Texas Legislature is switching up how.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
- A federal lawsuit was filed against top Victoria County law enforcement officials. Here is what we know so far
- 5 things to watch in upcoming season, beyond
- The American Rescue Plan will send $32 million to Victoria
- Do I need to get tested for COVID-19 if I’m vaccinated?
- Fun-loving dancers turn street into a dance floor at "Rock the Park" event
- Criminal justice advocate arrested same day she filed federal lawsuit against DA, sheriff
- Victoria College coach ready to get started
- Marriage licenses
- Open teaching positions at VISD
- DA, sheriff will not arrest, prosecute advocate for violating trespass warning