The Special Livestock Show started back in February 2016. It was hosted during the Victoria Livestock Show and allowed special needs youth of the community to pair up with 4-H and FFA members to have the opportunity to show an animal at the livestock show. They either got paired with a lamb …
Texas ranchers and livestock producers have until close of business on Jan. 30 to file an application for payment for financial assistance through the Livestock Forage Disaster Program for grazing losses incurred in 2019 due to drought.
PORT LAVACA – Formosa Plastics Corp. USA President Jaing-Nan “Jason” Lin walked the recently reopened Formosa Wetlands Walkway at Lighthouse Beach on Friday afternoon, stopping to take photos as the sun began to set on Lavaca Bay.
The Advance Guard-Press and four other Crossroads papers have been bought by a Houston-based media company, the publishers of the Guard-Press announced Thursday.
If University of Houston-Victoria President Bob Glenn were to pick someone to appear in a poster advertising the university, Josie Rivera would be among the first people he’d choose.
“You are going to die here,” Melisa Sparks says a doctor told her after she was hit by a car in 2009, an incident resulting in the amputation of her left leg.
REFUGIO – “We nominated you the bravest woman in Refugio County for taking on that job,” Angel Kelley said her friends told her when they heard she was taking a job as apartment manager for the Refugio Apartments.
The Victoria County Public Health Department Environmental Health Division inspects places where food is served in Victoria, DeWitt, Jackson and Calhoun counties.
Only a few days after the start of the school year, Victoria mother Kayla Harrison was left with few options for child care.
On March 21, 1965, Martin Luther King Jr. led thousands of people on a 54-mile Voting Rights March from Selma to Montgomery, the state capital of Alabama. They marched for days under the protection of U.S. Army troops and arrived in Montgomery to find 50,000 supporters waiting for them, acco…
To help educate our readers on the candidates seeking their party’s nomination in the March 3 primary, the Advocate is publishing a series of profiles on area candidates in contested races.
The beginning of the year is a popular time for trade shows, and trade shows are great opportunities for businesses and consumers alike. For businesses, the shows allow you to display your products and meet potential clients face to face. Consumers are given the opportunity to shop around an…
I’m always leery of new government programs with a fancy acronym for a name that is supposed to simplify my taxes, or anything else. Rarely does the government roll out anything that “simplifies.”
This is a listing of building permits issued by the city of Victoria from Jan. 9- to 15 for new commercial, commercial remodeling, new residential construction and manufactured homes.
People in the Eagle Ford Shale region who’ve signed leases with Equinor for the mineral rights beneath their land are now suing the Norwegian-based oil and gas company for what they believe were violations of their lease agreements.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
- Correction: Margaret Carver volunteered during the Point-in-Time count Thursday
- Clarification: Police report did not state driver was using mobile device at the time of crash
- Correction: South Texas Karate Black Belt Association met in Victoria
- Correction: Halsey construction part of Crestwood reconstruction project
- Correction: Jace Tunnell is the founder of the Nurdle Patrol
- Victoria’s homeless population catches attention of national news broadcast
- 5 regional newspapers sold to Houston media company
- Woman crashes into convenience store
- Port Lavaca mayor gives Formosa president key to the city
- Victoria Crime Stoppers searching for Ernest Macias
- Officers arrest Victoria man on outstanding warrants
- Coyote trapping in full swing in Lavaca County
- Blotter: Merchandise stolen from Walmart
- Port Lavaca man killed in crash on State Highway 185
- 2 killed in highway crash near Hallettsville