The time to prepare is now. It’s too late to seek training when you find yourself face to face with a disaster.
Unfortunately, no one knows when a disaster will strike. This is why Victoria emergency response agencies have partnered to help residents become more prepared.
VictoriaREADY is a free six-week program that addresses the most common threats in our area as well as many other topics of concern.
Classes will consist of:
• Disaster/Hurricane Preparedness and Terrorism Awareness - presented by Victoria Emergency Management
• Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events and Personal Safety/Home Security - presented by Victoria Police Department
• Hands-Only CPR and Stop the Bleed/Tourniquet Training - presented by the Victoria Fire Department
• Firearm Safety/Legalities, Identity Theft and Border Security Information - presented by the Victoria County Sheriff’s Office
• Disaster Psychology - presented by Gulf Bend Center
• P.A.S.S. and Fire Extinguisher Safety - presented by the Victoria County Fire Department
Completion of this course will satisfy all requirements for graduates to participate in Victoria’s Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)