JACKSON COUNTY GANADO
- Ganado Farmers and Handmade Market is from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 24 in downtown Ganado, 111 S. Third St.
The Jackson County Master Gardeners will have Stephen Janak at the
- Come Grow With Us Seminar at 7 p.m. Aug. 27 in the Jackson County Services Building Auditorium, 411 N. Wells St., in Edna. Janak talk about olive production and end-of-season care for pecan trees.
Port Lavaca Nursing and Rehabilitation Center will have an
- open house from 4-7 p.m Aug. 28 to unveil its newly remodeled healthcare facility.
- Learn about Post Acute Medical Hospital while enjoying ice cream at noon Aug. 28 at Port Lavaca Heritage Center, 2104 W. Austin St.
- Join Workday Wind Down from 5-6:30 p.m. Aug. 29 at O’Neil and Sons Brewing Company, 206 S. Commerce St. in Port Lavaca.
- Come out to the Flip Flop Festival Aug. 30-Sept. 1. Gates open at 10 a.m. and music gates open at 3:45 p.m. each day. Enjoy shopping and food vendors, contests, kids’ zone and live music.
- U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz will speak in Goliad Aug. 22 at the annual meeting of the general assembly for the Golden Crescent Regional Planning Commission at Goliad Municipal Auditorium, 925 U.S. 183. Attire is business casual and the event costs $15 per person. Social hour and registration is at 6 p.m.; dinner and meeting is at 7 p.m. RSVP to Danielle Warzecha at 361-578-1587 Ext. 220 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Back-to-School Vendor Show will be from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Aug. 24 at Grace Temple Church Fellowship Hall, 745 E. Pearl St. in Goliad. Shop with local vendors, donate to the school supply drive and there will also be a raffle.
- Berclair Mansion
- Cuero Farmers’ Market
Come hear the
- Dave Roever story at 5 p.m. Aug. 24 at the Cuero ISD Performing Arts Center. The event is free; a love offering will received. Doors open at 4:30 p.m.
- A travel presentation, “Shades of Ireland,” will be at 6 p.m. Aug. 26 at the Cuero Chamber of Commerce, 210 E. Main St.
- Dr. Cody Walthall is joining the Parkside Family Clinic, 1109 E. Broadway St. The community is invited to a meet-and-greet with Dr. Walthall and his family from 4:30-6 p.m. Aug. 29.
- barbecue cook-off benefit
- support of Charles Schro
- Miss Yorktown Pageant
- Baskets, Bags and Boxes
- Victoria College’s Zelda L. Allen School of Nursing, 1410 N. Texana in Hallettsville will hold a Nursing Pathways Info Night from 6-7 p.m. Aug. 22. The free event will inform potential students on nursing pathways, including nurse aide, vocational nursing and professional nursing. The sessions will also cover prerequisite changes, curriculum changes, admission requirements, estimated tuition and financial assistance, with a spotlight on the vocational nursing program. For more information, call 361-798-2289.
- A Girl Scouts Parent Information Night
The Refugio Volunteer Fire Department is hosting its annual
- Labor Day Dinner