Generic Water

The Community Action Committee of Victoria administers a Department of Housing and Urban Development program to assist low-income customers with their monthly city of Victoria water, sewer and garbage bills.

Walk-ins can apply beginning at 8 a.m. Dec. 20 at the Community Action Committee office, 4007 Halsey St.

The Community Action Committee will determine eligibility with the customer’s three-month documentation of income provided with an itemized bill and history from the city water department.

The bill must be an active account in the name of a household member who is at least 18 years old and responsible for the account, according to a news release from the Community Action Committee.

Households determined to be eligible will be assisted with up to $125 per household for the water/sewer/garbage portion of the bill once a year. The household will be responsible for the remainder of the bill.

You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Transparency. Your full name is required.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article. And receive photos, videos of what you see.
Don’t be a troll. Don’t be a troll. Don’t post inflammatory or off-topic messages, or personal attacks.

Thank you for Reading!

Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.

To subscribe, click here. Already a subscriber? Click here.