• Brittany Eck, director of communications for the Texas General Land Office, said those interested in the Homeowner Reimbursement Program should be prepared with receipts or invoices and other required documentation. The state plans to start accepting applications Feb. 28. She said all homeowners should apply because the program is first-come, first-served. There is, however, a requirement that 80 percent of the funds go to HUD-designated “most-impacted” counties, which includes Victoria. Households with low-to-moderate income will receive prioritized application processing for the first 30 days. This information was not clear in a story that appeared on Page A1 Saturday. For more information, call 1-844-893-8937, email cdr@recovery.texas.gov or visit recovery.texas.gov/HRP.
You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Transparency. Your full name is required.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article. And receive photos, videos of what you see.
Don’t be a troll. Don’t be a troll. Don’t post inflammatory or off-topic messages, or personal attacks.

Thank you for Reading!

Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.

To subscribe, click here. Already a subscriber? Click here.