Chance Glenn, provost and vice president of academic affairs for the University of Houston-Victoria, was referencing the riots at the Capitol in story on Page A1 Monday. The quote should have read: “Martin Luther King was noted for his nonviolent protests in contrast to what we are experiencing now,” Glenn said referring to the riots at the Capitol. “During the Civil Rights Movement, violence was perpetrated on the protesters — water hoses and dogs — and it actually exposed the violence being perpetrated to the rest of the world. Today, it’s almost the opposite. Some of the violence in our protests today is being perpetrated by the protesters.”
Click any reaction to login.
Thank you for reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Please use the button below to verify an existing account or to purchase a new subscription.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content. Please use the button below to manage your account.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
- Blotter: Stabbing reported at Victoria gas station, no arrests
- Shiner's defense flexes in win over Poth
- 'I'm in their corner': Victoria criminal justice activist pushes envelope for indigent defendants
- Navarro beats the clock, Cuero on final drive
- Week 4 Area Football Scores
- 59 new COVID-19 cases, 11 deaths reported in Crossroads
- Industrial runs past banged up Tidehaven
- Nature Notes: Fun facts about hummingbirds
- Q: What are the chances of catching COVID-19 when fully vaccinated?
- Industrial runs past Tidehaven