Interested candidates cannot file for a place on the ballot for Victoria’s District 3 City Council special election until the election is officially called. Officials anticipate the election will be called May 11, meaning those interested could begin filing Wednesday. A story on Page A1 Tuesday incorrectly stated what day candidates could begin filing.
Click any reaction to login.
Thank you for reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Please use the button below to verify an existing account or to purchase a new subscription.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content. Please use the button below to manage your account.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
- Correction: Grand jury declined to indict witness on capital murder charges
- Correction: Spoetzl Brewery invested $1 million in brewery upgrades
- Correction: Green Lake meeting held Thursday
- Correction: U.S. Customs and Border Protection supervisor's name misspelled
- Veterans left off list of those honored on Memorial Day
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Police department employee arrested on warrant charging theft of property
- Texas Water Safari 'superstars' pass through Victoria
- 4-man team wins Texas Water Safari
- UHV to offer new concentrations in cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, data science
- State reports 12 cases Sunday across nine-county region
- 'To finish is to win': Crossroads locals embark on river race to the coast
- City Corner: State, federal grants help to fund Victoria’s future
- Mother of three persevered to graduate from VC’s Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- 'No winners': Defendant in double homicide case gets life in prison
- UHV student ready for virtual internship