- The first assistant district attorney for Calhoun County, Shannon Slayer, was the lead prosecutor in the capital murder trial of Andrew Ray Flores and Anthony Reyes Serena. He was misidentified in a story on Page A1 Friday. The subheadline on the story was also misleading. District Attorney Dan Heard filed a motion months ago saying he said he would not seek the death penalty for either man if they were convicted of capital murder.
Kali Venable is a public safety reporter for the Victoria Advocate. She can be reached at 361-580-6558 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click any reaction to login.
Public Safety Reporter
"I am a Houston native and 5th generation Texan, with a degree in journalism and minor in creative writing from the University of Texas at Austin. I care deeply about public interests and the community I serve.”
Thank you for Reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Please use the button below to verify an existing account or to purchase a new subscription.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content. Please use the button below to manage your account.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Do you subscribe to our digital edition? If you do, be sure to subscribe to this mailing list and you'll be able to read the digital edition of our paper as early as 5am! Click HERE to sign up today!
Would you like to receive our daily newsletter? Click HERE to signup today!
- Calhoun County officials gather on storage business property
- Woman identified, arrested in Monday's stabbing incident
- Fatal Goliad shooting investigation still in early stages
- Harbor Hospice helps Victoria couple celebrate love they never thought they would find (w/video)
- John Jefferson: Lightning strikes twice
- Police seek information after stolen truck driven through building
- Woman still in critical condition after fatal Goliad shooting
- Bink Grimes: Calm winds allow surf to green
- Financial burden of cancer treatment adds to strain of diagnosis for Victoria patients
- Victoria County expects to demolish 30 homes in buyout program