When Michael Machalec and his friend Steve Holifield were renovating the Dempsey Benton Cain House in Yoakum they removed the vinyl siding and sanded down the cypress wood beneath it. The home, which was awarded a state historical marker, is not for sale. These two points were incorrect in a story on Page A1 Friday.
Mark Rosenberg reports on local, regional and breaking news for the Victoria Advocate as a Report for America corps member. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-574-1264 or on Twitter at @markrosenberg32. To support local journalism at the Advocate through Report for America, go to VictoriaAdvocate.com/report.
Click any reaction to login.
Thank you for reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Please use the button below to verify an existing account or to purchase a new subscription.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content. Please use the button below to manage your account.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Blotter: Port Lavaca man arrested, accused of selling synthetic marijuana
- Edna plans to overhaul streets for first time in decades
- Port Lavaca man arrested for driving donuts in softball field
- Victoria region reports 8% COVID-19 hospitalization rate, 68 new cases
- Know before you dine out -- read this week's restaurant inspection reports
- City Council and Parks and Recreation Commission hear updates on parks master plan
- UHV hoping Innovation Collective will promote local entrepreneurship
- Nixon-Smiley seeks new head football coach
- Blotter: Bloomington man charged with drug possession
- South Texas Strutters at Debbie Bennett Green School of Dancing to host recital