State Rep. Geanie Morrison, R-Victoria, will serve on the Environmental Regulation, Appropriations and Redistricting Committees in the Texas House of Representatives during the 87th Texas Legislature. A story on Page A2 Tuesday did not correctly identify the Environmental Regulation Committee. The committee has jurisdiction over all matters pertaining to air, land, and water pollution, including the environmental regulation of industrial development; the regulation of waste disposal; environmental matters that are regulated by the Department of State Health Services or the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality; oversight of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and the Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission.
Click any reaction to login.
Thank you for reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Please use the button below to verify an existing account or to purchase a new subscription.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content. Please use the button below to manage your account.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Can businesses still require masks in their store?
- Shiner looks to add another state championship
- Police say two shootings in Victoria are unrelated, isolated incidents
- TASSP Region Outstanding Principal/Assistant Principal of the Year
- Blotter: 2 arrested in Edna with more than 60 out-of-town checks
- Crossroads Community Band to perform outdoor Spring Concert
- After 'nightmare' freeze, Calhoun County officials talk disaster preparedness
- Texas declares independence
- East's Garza headed to Mary Hardin-Baylor
- Laurie Garretson: Ongoing recovery for plants damaged by freeze