The Texas Department of Emergency Management will reimburse Port Lavaca for 90% of project costs associated with rebuilding Lighthouse Beach Fishing Pier as long as the city adheres to FEMA guidelines. A story on Page A3 Wednesday was unclear.
Mark Rosenberg reports on rural community life for the Victoria Advocate as a Report for America corps member. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-574-1264 or on Twitter at @markrosenberg32. To support local journalism at the Advocate through Report for America, go to VictoriaAdvocate.com/report.
Click any reaction to login.
Thank you for reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Please use the button below to verify an existing account or to purchase a new subscription.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content. Please use the button below to manage your account.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
- Clarification: Guest column contributed by Communities of Faith
- Correction: Jim and Gloria Mills celebrate 50th wedding anniversary
- Correction: Eric Callaway on president's honor roll at Sam Houston State
- Correction: Victim of fatal crash on U.S. 87 was 38 years old
- Clarification: Scholars disagree about Henry David Thoreau's quote
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Texas sends additional beds to Victoria region as COVID-19 cases grow
- Change in seasons among options discussed for athletics
- Tidehaven graduate earns first Generals win
- COVID-19 exposes, exacerbates systemic health disparities
- Port O'Connor community shows support for President Trump at July 4 boat parade
- Who is at greater risk for a severe COVID-19 infection?
- Celebrating the Fourth, some area families are trying to abide by governor's latest order
- 86-year-old Port Lavaca man tows kayaker back to safety
- Seadrift fishers struggle with shrimp-sized market
- New businesses June 24-30