Authorities arrested two Victoria men Wednesday on drug charges after searching a hotel room.
Peace officers executed a search warrant of a hotel room at an Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, 3901 Houston Highway, as part of an “ongoing investigation of a local narcotics operation” Wednesday morning, according to a Victoria County Sheriff’s Office news release.
The search resulted in the seizure of 1,160 grams — or about 2 and a half pounds — of methamphetamine, 14 grams of heroin and a small amount of cocaine, according to the news release.
The news release did not state how the men were connected to the hotel room or what led to the search.
Glenn Lee Duval, 47, and Andrew Russell Cande, 45, were arrested and booked in the Victoria County Jail, where they remained as of Wednesday evening.
Both of the men were charged on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance 1-4 grams, manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance 4-200 grams and manufacture or delivery of controlled substance less than 400 grams, according to online jail records.
Cande also was charged on suspicion of an unspecified Class C misdemeanor.
No bond was set for either of the men as of Wednesday, according to online jail records.
- VICTORIA — A 29-year-old Houston woman by deputies Sept. 21 on a warrant charging her with violation of probation in a burglary of a building case.
- VICTORIA — A 38-year-old Victoria man by officers Sept. 21 on a warrant charging him with violation of parole.
- VICTORIA — A 26-year-old Victoria woman by deputies Sept. 21 on suspicion of driving while intoxicated with previous convictions.
- VICTORIA — A 20-year-old Jantinto man by deputies Sept. 22 on suspicion of unauthorized use of a vehicle.
- VICTORIA — A 46-year-old Victoria woman by officers Sept. 22 on suspicion of assault causing bodily injury to a family member.
- VICTORIA — A 25-year-old Victoria woman by deputies Sept. 22 on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance 4 — 200 grams.
- VICTORIA — A 23-year-old Victoria woman by deputies Sept. 22 on suspicion of unlawful carrying of a weapon.