Edna Christian Academy will host registration for the 2020-21 school year this weekend. Registration is available 5 to 9 p.m. Friday and 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Recently, there has been a rise in anti-Semitic crimes in our country and the world. Data indicates that anti-Semitism is not only alive and dangerous in the U.S.; it is on the rise.
Eric Callaway is on Sam Houston State University’s spring president’s honor roll and the dean’s list. Callaway is pursuing a degree in engineering technology with a focus on electronics and computer engineering technology.
A University of Houston-Victoria professor is suing the university and the university system, claiming it allowed a supervisor to sexually harass and punish her for speaking out.
Formosa Plastics Corp., Texas has awarded the $10,000 “National Merit Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. Scholarship” certificate to senior, Anthony Liu. Anthony graduated from Calhoun High School on May 29 and will attend the University of Texas – Austin to major in electrical engineering.
Beginning on Monday, Placido Benavides Drive will be closed to through traffic from Navarro Street to East Larkspur Street for two weeks, weather permitting, for construction.
The Victoria College board will have special meetings June 8-11 in the Founder’s Room at the Victoria Country Club, 14 Spring Creek Road.
The pandemic may have clouded seniors’ views of what the future holds, but Victoria East High School’s class of 2020 didn’t let that discourage them from being excited about the rest of their lives.
Nicole Prince drove three hours from North Austin to see her son Jace Vasquez graduate from Victoria West High School on Tuesday evening.
This year’s seniors at Victoria West High School didn’t get to celebrate their graduation in a crowd of friends. Instead, they were accompanied by their family members as they walked across the stage at Memorial Stadium on Monday.
Upbring, a Texas-based nonprofit, has been awarded a grant to operate Head Start programs in Bee, Goliad, Live Oak and Refugio counties as of June 1.
We are pleased to bring you this special spotlight on the Class of 2020. The pandemic caused them to miss the typical end of their school year, including spring sports, prom and other fun.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
- Texas Game Warden rescues 6-year-old swept away on inner tube on Lavaca Bay
- Sheriff's group did not allow photo to be used as endorsement
- Victoria officials report 76 new cases of COVID-19
- Bush's Chicken to reopen its Victoria store
- What's the penalty for violating Texas' face mask order?
- UIL updates guidelines for strength and conditioning drills
- Goliad Market Days to give shoppers an outlet
- After initial drop, city hotel occupancy rates slowly climb as guests, hotels adjust to pandemic
- COVID-19 testing delays persist across Crossroads, Texas
- Letter: Former colleague supports Hernandez for tax assess-collector