October is Learning Differences Awareness Month.
Bob Baker has been trapping feral hogs in Wharton County for about 15 years. Last year, he bagged 1,198 of the notorious swine, which can weigh more than 300 pounds, each.
To travel through time in the “Doctor Who” universe, characters use a TARDIS, a time machine that looks like a British police box and that is famously bigger on the inside than you’d expect from looking at the exterior.
After 11 students and one staff member tested positive for COVID-19 over the course of the past week, St. Joseph High School is temporarily returning to virtual classes and adjusting its COVID-19 protocols.
Northside Baptist School, 4100 N. Laurent St. in Victoria, offers classes for children aged 2 years through fifth grade. The school offers extended care before school beginning at 7 a.m. and after school until 5:30 p.m. The school uses Abeka curriculum. They offer small classes and enrollmen…
The Victoria school district has received almost a million dollars through School Action Fund Planning grants with more to follow, officials said Wednesday.
The Victoria Public Library is collaborating with its digital content provider, OverDrive, and the Victoria Independent School District to provide students access to the library’s digital collection.
School closures and county-wide orders were issued Sunday for parts of the Crossroads as Tropical Storm Beta approaches the coast.
As the children of KidVersity day care slept during their daily nap time, a tiny library stocked with about 100 books was delivered to their day care.
Speedy Stop and the Children’s Discovery Museum of the Golden Crescent will host a school supply drive-by from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., or until supplies last, in the parking lot of the museum on Saturday.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
- Vehicle did not stop after fatally striking Victoria pedestrian
- Victoria resident arrested after foot chase
- Emergency SNAP benefits announced statewide
- 'Burnt out': Officials say Goliad County overpaid on light bulbs, air conditioners
- Calhoun County approves tax abatement on $120 million Formosa project
- Blotter: Unlawful carrying of gun reported to police
- Bay City-El Campo rivalry remains special to participants
- 2 COVID-19 related deaths reported in region
- Bay City woman killed in 2-vehicle crash near Point Comfort
- Police: Man attempted arson, murder by pouring gas on Hallettsville home with woman, children inside