School lunch menus for the week of Sept. 29 — Oct. 5. Milk and bread are served with each meal.
The Victoria Public Library is collaborating with its digital content provider, OverDrive, and the Victoria Independent School District to provide students access to the library’s digital collection.
School closures and county-wide orders were issued Sunday for parts of the Crossroads as Tropical Storm Beta approaches the coast.
As the children of KidVersity day care slept during their daily nap time, a tiny library stocked with about 100 books was delivered to their day care.
Speedy Stop and the Children’s Discovery Museum of the Golden Crescent will host a school supply drive-by from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., or until supplies last, in the parking lot of the museum on Saturday.
Dudley’s third-grade teachers sat spread out in a classroom. Binders laid open as they talked through their online lesson plans for the start of school.
Drew Westfahl, a St. Joseph High School history teacher, welcomed his students to class like any other first day of school. This year he said his first hellos in an empty classroom.
The shelves at Teachers ToolBox are filled with almost everything imaginable a teacher could need: activity books for every subject, emoji stickers, 12 different kinds of timers, hundreds of posters and even pointers with miniature rubber hands.
The YMCA of the Golden Crescent is offering three new programs for “extended learning” in 2020, as families and their children adjust to a school year that, for most students, will begin with virtual instruction.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
- Crash victim remains in San Antonio hospital, stable conditio
- Blotter: Man assaulted at Victoria bar
- ‘We’re still here’: Victoria business owner encourages others to apply for city loan program
- After 7 years, missing Goliad man's remains found in Mesa Verde National Park
- VISD reports 5 more COVID-19 cases
- Motorcycle driver in serious condition after Victoria crash
- Victoria College sees preliminary drop in student enrollment
- Duck season is open thanks to Victoria Duck Safari
- Abbott's hospitalization reopening metric comes as surprise to local officials, public health experts
- Calhoun top 5, El Campo returns to 4A rankings