Edyie and Dan Van Deusen said they have lived on and off the streets for about 30 years.
Music lovers with earbuds in their ears or headphones wrapped around their heads dancing in public like no one is watching is always an entertaining sight to see.
Brooke Garcia will be the next Victoria County United Way executive director, effective June 24, according to a news release from the United Way.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health will host the Adult Vocational Program Nursery-Growing Center 11th Annual Spring Fling on Saturday.
Victoria Ballet Theatre debuted 35 years ago when it staged a full-length production of “Swan Lake” on a concrete slab in Riverside Park.
Victoria County United Way is now accepting grant applications from organizations providing services in Victoria County as well as DeWitt, Goliad, Lavaca and Refugio counties.
Rebuild Texas Fund is committing $1.1 million to build a Victoria County Regional Disaster Response and Recovery Center designed to better prepare the Crossroads for its next disaster.
Longtime cowboy musician Red Steagall is returning to Victoria this month for the 11th annual Charity Concert Series with a Texas swing dance band.
Joe Morris Sr. walked into DeTar Hospital Navarro feeling like he was Marshal Matt Dillon, the fictional lawman in television’s “Gunsmoke.”
Listening to songs from the ‘80s takes Tanya Wilkinson back to a time when she used to sneak into her older sister’s room to listen to Madonna on cassette. “She even had the lace gloves.”
To commemorate the 15th anniversary of Victoria Empty Bowls, organizers are hosting a special “Bushwhacked at Bronco Bob’s” event on Jan. 31.
The Bronte Club meeting was called to order by President Jan Jacob at 3 p.m. at the Victoria Women’s Club House on Dec. 19. Jacob proudly informed members that Bronte had received a first-place award from GFWC for the 2018 Texas Heritage Program – A Field Trip to UHVC.
- Victoria man charged with two counts of manslaughter
- Suspect in Wharton bank robbery dies in high-speed pursuit
- Victoria couple faces off with insurance company over destroyed oil-field business
- Houston man files lawsuit against Port Lavaca; city asks for dismissal
- Victoria County marijuana cases on hold after passage of hemp law
- Authorities remain mum on details of fatal shooting in Inez
- Editorial: Victoria County commissioners veer far off course with airport
- New vegan food truck caters to vegans, vegetarians and vegan-curious
- Guest column: Victoria County taxpayers deserve answers, accountability
- Twin sisters enjoyed comforts of home during time at Victoria College