DOROTHY H. O’CONNOR PET ADOPTION CENTER
Bluebonnet Youth Ranch has established the Jefferson Flowers Memorial Fund in honor of Dr. Jeff Flowers Jr., a long-time proponent and active member of the Bluebonnet Youth Ranch community, according to a news release.
Victoria’s Salvation Army is taking applications for families who qualify for the Angel Tree, the annual Christmas program that provides gifts for families in need.
The American Red Cross of the Coastal Bend is hosting a meeting to recruit volunteers 10-11 a.m. Tuesday in the Bronte Room of the Victoria Public Library.
ROCKPORT – Andrea Carlson relaxed in a chair Thursday on the back porch of Rhonda and Marty Cantu’s home, tucked in a quiet, unassuming cul-de-sac on San Leanna Drive.
Music lovers with earbuds in their ears or headphones wrapped around their heads dancing in public like no one is watching is always an entertaining sight to see.
Brooke Garcia will be the next Victoria County United Way executive director, effective June 24, according to a news release from the United Way.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health will host the Adult Vocational Program Nursery-Growing Center 11th Annual Spring Fling on Saturday.
Victoria Ballet Theatre debuted 35 years ago when it staged a full-length production of “Swan Lake” on a concrete slab in Riverside Park.
Victoria County United Way is now accepting grant applications from organizations providing services in Victoria County as well as DeWitt, Goliad, Lavaca and Refugio counties.
Rebuild Texas Fund is committing $1.1 million to build a Victoria County Regional Disaster Response and Recovery Center designed to better prepare the Crossroads for its next disaster.
Longtime cowboy musician Red Steagall is returning to Victoria this month for the 11th annual Charity Concert Series with a Texas swing dance band.
Joe Morris Sr. walked into DeTar Hospital Navarro feeling like he was Marshal Matt Dillon, the fictional lawman in television’s “Gunsmoke.”
Listening to songs from the ‘80s takes Tanya Wilkinson back to a time when she used to sneak into her older sister’s room to listen to Madonna on cassette. “She even had the lace gloves.”
To commemorate the 15th anniversary of Victoria Empty Bowls, organizers are hosting a special “Bushwhacked at Bronco Bob’s” event on Jan. 31.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
- Palacios raising expectations with success
- Victoria native, military veteran files for Victoria County commissioner nomination
- Pickup plows into Victoria gas station after driver suffers medical emergency
- A&E TV show 'Trey the Texas Medium' catapults local casket designer into new realm
- Be careful when lighting heaters to stay warm in winter blast
- On Veterans Day, Crossroads community remembers sacrifice (w/video)
- Former Caterpillar employees among growing temporary workforce
- Field trip brings Texas history to life
- Victoria West in new territory entering regional quarterfinals
- DeWitt County residents remain evacuated after oil well blowout