Dorothy H. O’Connor Pet Adoption Center
The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4146 will host a Beat the Back to School Blues Lunch beginning at 11 a.m. Saturday at the post home, 2001 Lova Drive in Victoria.
Too many veterans are still not filing for their veteran benefits. I have been running into many World War II, Korean, Vietnam and recent war veterans who are not aware of the benefits they have earned and deserve.
Veterans who left high school before graduating to in the United States Armed Forces, may qualify to receive their high school diploma from the school in which they would have graduated from.
The 27th annual Knowledge Bowl, benefitting the Victoria Adult Literacy Council, will add a new division for college or university students this year.
In honor of the community service that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. encouraged, the Humility Project will host Blessing Bags and Change from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church.
Regional government entities meet throughout the month, taking care of public business. Below is a list of meetings this week. The meetings are open to the public.
With less than two weeks until Christmas, the Salvation Army is falling behind the Red Kettle Campaign goal for 2019, according to a news release from the Salvation Army.
Rose Drost, of Victoria, has a soft spot in her heart for anyone experiencing health problems, a strong desire to help them and beautiful penmanship.
Crossroads residents can get an early glimpse of “The Nutcracker” and all of its fantastical holiday merriment and graceful dancing before it takes the stage in Victoria from Dec. 12-15.
Bluebonnet Youth Ranch has established the Jefferson Flowers Memorial Fund in honor of Dr. Jeff Flowers Jr., a long-time proponent and active member of the Bluebonnet Youth Ranch community, according to a news release.
Victoria’s Salvation Army is taking applications for families who qualify for the Angel Tree, the annual Christmas program that provides gifts for families in need.
The American Red Cross of the Coastal Bend is hosting a meeting to recruit volunteers 10-11 a.m. Tuesday in the Bronte Room of the Victoria Public Library.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
- Victoria residents tune into televised clash between Trump, Biden
- Blotter: Unoccupied pickup catches fire in Victoria parking lot
- Victoria pastors bless first responders in drive-by ceremony
- VISD parents to decide between in-person and online learning
- Crash victim remains in San Antonio hospital, stable condition
- Pickup truck catches on fire, no one injured
- St. Joseph-Bloomington game canceled after 6 students confirmed with COVID-19
- High school volleyball scores
- Reader question: What are the current regulations on social gatherings in Texas?
- Know before you dine out -- read this week's restaurant inspection reports