If you have news about school openings or business closures or openings caused by Tropical Storm Nicholas please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Victoria
- All City facilities will reopen for regular business hours on Tuesday, weather permitting. The landfill opened at 9 a.m., and the compost/brush site will open at 11 a.m.
- Automated garbage, recycling and yard waste pickup will continue as scheduled, though services may be delayed. The city asks residents to leave their waste out through the evening.
- Brush and bulky item pickups that were scheduled for Monday will be rescheduled. Environmental Services will contact residents to reschedule pickups. Other pickups this week will continue as scheduled.
- The City continues to monitor the local weather forecast and will notify residents if the closures are extended.
- For updates about City services, visit www.victoriatx.gov or follow City of Victoria, Texas – Government on Facebook.
- All Victoria College classes and operations will resume Tuesday.
- Bloomington schools will start at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
- The Victoria Economic Development Corp.'s Victoria Partnership meeting was canceled Tuesday.