Mayor Rawley McCoy has appointed Raquel Garza to the Victoria Housing Authority Board, which oversees public housing for low-income residents, to fill a vacated term that will expire Jan. 15, 2022. Garza is a staff member for the Golden Crescent Workforce Development Board, assisting with the implementation and oversight of Workforce Solutions programs in a seven-county area. She has also been a member of the Golden Crescent Regional Planning Commission’s Economic Development Advisory Committee, Gulf Bend Center’s collaborative partnership panel, VISD’s Career Tech Education Advisory Committee, Golden Crescent Community Organizations Active in Disaster and Victoria County’s Family 1st Advisory Committee.
In Good Company recognizes people who have won awards, been promoted or completed training. To get your news published, send us your announcement complete with name of employee, name of business and the honor received along with a color head-and-shoulder photo to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Click any reaction to login.
Thank you for reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Please use the button below to verify an existing account or to purchase a new subscription.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content. Please use the button below to manage your account.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Crash victim remains in San Antonio hospital, stable conditio
- Blotter: Man assaulted at Victoria bar
- ‘We’re still here’: Victoria business owner encourages others to apply for city loan program
- VISD reports 5 more COVID-19 cases
- After 7 years, missing Goliad man's remains found in Mesa Verde National Park
- Victoria College sees preliminary drop in student enrollment
- Duck season is open thanks to Victoria Duck Safari
- Motorcycle driver in serious condition after Victoria crash
- Reader question: What are the current regulations on social gatherings in Texas?
- Abbott's hospitalization reopening metric comes as surprise to local officials, public health experts