Because of the anticipated rain and winds from Tropical Storm Nicholas, some events and classes have been canceled or postponed and some businesses have decided to close.
If you or your business plan to close or cancel an event because of the storm, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Victoria
- The City of Victoria, which closed all non-emergency city facilities at Monday because of expected inclement weather due to Tropical Storm Nicholas, is expected to reopen for regular business hours on
- Tuesday, weather permitting.
- Automated garbage, recycling and yard waste pickup will continue as scheduled, though services may be delayed. The city asks residents to leave their waste out through the evening.
- Brush and bulky item pickups that were scheduled for Monday will be rescheduled. Environmental Services will contact residents to reschedule pickups. Other pickups this week will continue as scheduled.
- The landfill and compost/brush site will reopen at 3 p.m. Tuesday.
- The City continues to monitor the local weather forecast and will notify residents if the closures are extended. For updates about City services, visit
- or follow City of Victoria, Texas – Government on Facebook.
Countty of Victotria
- County offices closed Monday. Officials were expected to determine when the offices would reopen based on the storm’s movement Monday night.
These schools were closed Monday. Please check their websites to determine if classes will resume on Tuesday.
- Bloomington school district
- Trinity Episcopal School and Church
- Our Lady of Victory Catholic School
- Nazareth Academy
- Refugio school district
- Woodsboro school district
- Austwell-Tivoli school district
- Calhoun County school district
- Victoria school district
- The Victoria County Master Gardener Association’s Lunch and Learn is postponed until Sept. 20.
- Victoria Public Library’s VPL Talks featuring Lt. Jason Turner will be postponed until a later date to be determined.