SAN BRUNO, Calif. (AP) - A resident of the neighborhood evacuated by a deadly gas line explosion in San Bruno is suing Pacific Gas and Electric Co.Steve Dare filed the lawsuit on Friday in San Mateo County Superior Court. He says the company should turn over a $100 million recovery fund for blast victims to a third party and pay other monetary damages.The lawsuit claims PG&E could withhold funding or not follow through on its promise if the money is not placed in a court-supervised account.PG&E spokesman Paul Moreno told the San Mateo Daily Journal he didn't know if the company had been served yet, so he couldn't comment on the lawsuit.Dare rents a home that did not sustain damage in the fire, but was evacuated for three days.The blast on Sept. 9 destroyed nearly 40 homes and claimed at least four lives.___Information from: SAN MATEO DAILY JOURNAL, http://www.smdailyjournal.com/
Click any reaction to login.
Thank you for reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Please use the button below to verify an existing account or to purchase a new subscription.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content. Please use the button below to manage your account.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
- Blotter: Victoria woman arrested on suspicion of smuggling of people
- Zoo closed, 50+ homes expected to face flooding as Guadalupe crests
- Man wanted on outstanding warrant for violation of parole has been arrested
- Mission Valley ag day teaches kids how food goes from farm to table
- Area teams rise, fall in state football rankings
- Bloomington mother indicted on capital murder, accused of killing infant son
- 23 new COVID-19 cases, 1 deaths reported in Crossroads
- Know before you dine out -- read this week's restaurant inspection reports
- Nixon-Smiley vs. Natalia stats
- 1,476 votes cast so far in Nov. 2 election