SAN BRUNO, Calif. (AP) - A resident of the neighborhood evacuated by a deadly gas line explosion in San Bruno is suing Pacific Gas and Electric Co.Steve Dare filed the lawsuit on Friday in San Mateo County Superior Court. He says the company should turn over a $100 million recovery fund for blast victims to a third party and pay other monetary damages.The lawsuit claims PG&E could withhold funding or not follow through on its promise if the money is not placed in a court-supervised account.PG&E spokesman Paul Moreno told the San Mateo Daily Journal he didn't know if the company had been served yet, so he couldn't comment on the lawsuit.Dare rents a home that did not sustain damage in the fire, but was evacuated for three days.The blast on Sept. 9 destroyed nearly 40 homes and claimed at least four lives.___Information from: SAN MATEO DAILY JOURNAL, http://www.smdailyjournal.com/

Recommended For You


You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.
0
0
0
0
0

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Transparency. Your full name is required.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article. And receive photos, videos of what you see.
Don’t be a troll. Don’t be a troll. Don’t post inflammatory or off-topic messages, or personal attacks.

Thank you for reading!

Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.

To subscribe, click here. Already a subscriber? Click here.