University of Houston-Victoria students learn the basic steps for salsa dancing Sept. 18 at the Baile Conmingo event in Jaguar Hall during the university’s Hispanic Heritage Week. Baile Conmingo was one of several events during the week. Other events included a celebration of Mexican Independence Day, a lotería “Mexican Bingo” event, Crossroads Café featuring a performance by Mariachi Tapatio and a showing of the movie “Cesar Chavez” in downtown Victoria. The week ended with the 33rd annual Martín De León Symposium on the Humanities, which explored the topic “Mariachi: History and Music” and included a presentation by a speaker who studied Mariachi music in Mexico and another performance by Mariachi Tapatio.
Click any reaction to login.
Thank you for Reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Please use the button below to verify an existing account or to purchase a new subscription.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content. Please use the button below to manage your account.
To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Victoria woman adjusts to life after paralyzing car crash (w/video)
- 2 dogs that savagely mauled Victoria woman ordered euthanized by judge (w/video)
- Hallettsville's memorable season comes to a close (w/video)
- Crossroads Friday night lights: Playoffs Week 4 football action
- Blotter: Woman claims partner slapped her
- Port Lavaca man sentenced to 25 years in prison for aggravated assault
- Lyssy carries Beavers past Bremond
- Police identify vehicle involved in incident near Patti Welder Middle School
- Hallettsville vs. Columbus stats
- Victoria County Sheriff's Office seeks suspicious vehicle, driver