AGNES MARIE ELDRIDGE HOUSTON - Agnes Marie (Kocian) Eldridge, 67, of Houston, Texas and formerly of Shiner, Texas passed away on Saturday, June 15, 2019 at her residence. Funeral Mass is under the direction of Buffington Funeral Home in Shiner, Texas and will be held on Friday, June 21, 2019 at 10:00 am at Saints Cyril & Methodius Catholic Church in Shiner, Texas with Father Bryan Heyer officiating. Interment will follow at Shiner Catholic Cemetery in Shiner, Texas. A Rosary will be recited on Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 7:00 pm at Buffington Funeral Home Chapel with Deacon Harvey Kocian officiating. Visitation will begin at 1:00 pm on Thursday, June 20, 2019 at Buffington Funeral Home. Agnes was born on October16, 1951 in Shiner, Texas. She was the daughter of Raymond J., Sr. and Mary (Haverda) Kocian She graduated from Saint Ludmila Academy and Saint Paul High School in 1970 in Shiner where she earned the title of Valedictorian . She was also voted Homecoming Queen in 1970. She was the Shiner Harvest Festival Queen in 1970. After high school, Agnes graduated from Saint Thomas University in 1974 with a Bachelors Degree, and then obtained her Masters Degree. She married Davey Eldridge on July 15, 1995 at Saint Thomas University Chapel in Houston, Texas. Agnes enjoyed taking care of her flower and vegetable gardens. She made stained glass windows in her spare time. She liked to cook and bake for her family and friends. Agnes had numerous dogs named Pachessa, Riley, Jack, Simon and GG, She loved them all. Agnes retired in 2015 after 37 years as a teacher and administrator for the Houston Independent School District. After retirement, Agnes became a member of the neighborhood Timbergrove Manor Flora-Dora Friendship Club. Agnes was the caretaker of her family cemetery plots. Agnes is survived by her loving husband of 24 years, Davey Eldridge, one nephew, Charles Kocian and his girlfriend, Laura, of Stevenville, Texas, many cousins, and many other close friends. She was preceded in death by her parents, of Raymond J., Sr. and Mary Kocian, and one brother; Raymond J. Kocian, Jr. The family request memorials to: Houston Hospice / 1905 Holcomb Blvd. / Houston, Texas 77030 in lieu of flowers. To join the family in celebrating Agnes' life and to offer words of comfort, please go to: www.buffingtonfuneralhomeshiner.com
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Blotter: 23-year-old arrested on suspicion of human smuggling
- Bloomington assistant superintendent placed on unpaid leave
- Sideline disturbance cancels 2nd half of East, Bay City game
- Suddenlink hears city’s complaints ‘loud and clear;’ pledges to address concerns
- Fresh meat: Dickey's Barbecue Pit enters Victoria's barbecue scene
- Few jaywalking tickets issued as Victoria struggles to keep pedestrians safe
- Victoria Advocate sign comes down
- Victoria gymnast reaches new heights in Spain competition, looks now toward Tokyo
- Bicyclist hit by truck at North Ben Jordan Street and Houston Highway
- Texas, country steer toward ending driver's license suspensions for court debt