ALBERT D. RODRIGUEZ RICHMOND - Albert D. Rodriguez, age 87, joined our Lord and Savior on Wednesday, June 12, 2019. He was born in Victoria on March 26, 1932 to the late Manuel and Maria G. Rodriguez. He graduated in 1952 from Patty Welder High School and on June 15, 1957, he married Lydia Webb of Cuero. Together, they raised two sons while living abroad and traveling extensively in Europe, South America and the U.S. during his Air Force career. He attained his Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Saint Mary's University in January 1962 and his Master of Science, Business Administration, from Trinity University in May 1975. He retired as a Major from the U.S. Air Force in December 1982 after having completed a rewarding 26-year career. Albert enjoyed volunteering to support education and local community initiatives. He loved jogging, gardening with his wife Lydia, and watching football. Albert is preceded in death by his wife of 60 years, Lydia. He is survived by sons, David Rodriguez (Liz) and Roland Rodriguez, PhD; his grandsons; Joshua Rodriguez and Nicholas Rodriguez. Pallbearers will be Edward W. Flores, Alec Han, David Rodriguez, Joshua Rodriguez, Nicholas Rodriguez and Steven Zapata. Visitation will begin Friday, June 14, 2019 from 5:30 to 7:30pm with a Rosary to be recited at 7:00pm at Freund Funeral Home of Cuero. Visitation will resume Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 9am at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Cuero with a funeral mass to be celebrated at 10am by Father Jacob Mendoza. Burial will follow at Hillside Cemetery in Cuero. You may sign the guestbook or send condolences at www.freundfuneralhome.com. Freund Funeral Home, 361-275-2343
- Calhoun County officials gather on storage business property
- Woman identified, arrested in Monday's stabbing incident
- Fatal Goliad shooting investigation still in early stages
- Harbor Hospice helps Victoria couple celebrate love they never thought they would find (w/video)
- John Jefferson: Lightning strikes twice
- Police seek information after stolen truck driven through building
- Woman still in critical condition after fatal Goliad shooting
- Bink Grimes: Calm winds allow surf to green
- Financial burden of cancer treatment adds to strain of diagnosis for Victoria patients
- Victoria County expects to demolish 30 homes in buyout program
Find a local business
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Do you subscribe to our digital edition? If you do, be sure to subscribe to this mailing list and you'll be able to read the digital edition of our paper as early as 5am! Click HERE to sign up today!
Would you like to receive our daily newsletter? Click HERE to signup today!