Alfonso Alvarez, Jr.
VICTORIA — Alfonso Alvarez, Jr., age 48 of Victoria passed away Thursday, September 9, 2021. He was born October 20, 1972 in Victoria to Alfonso Alvarez, Sr. and Esther Cardenas Alvarez.
He was employed with VISD for over 20 years.
He is survived by his parents; daughter, Sabrina Flores Valdez (Pete), Nancy Canchola, Teresa Granados, and Valeria Granados all of Victoria; sons, Michael Alvarez (Desi), Matthew Alvarez (Stephanie) and Javier Alvarez all of Victoria; sisters, Rachael Ochoa (Gilbert) and Teri Gonzales (Arturo) all of Victoria; and 9 grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by his wife, Sarah Ann Alvarez; beloved partner, Lisa Gonzales; twin grandchildren, Malachi Alvarez and Micaela Alvarez and maternal grandmother, Inez Cardenas.
Visitation will begin Thursday, September 16, 2021 from 4 - 8pm with a Rosary to be recited at 7pm at Angel Lucy’s Funeral Home. Funeral mass will begin Friday, September 17, 2021 at 9am at Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church. Burial to follow at Resurrection Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Ernest Valdez, Jesse Lira, Emilio Alvarez, Richard Alvarez, Paul Cortez, Adrian Bustamante, Brandon Garza, and Jayden Rodriguez.
Honorary Pallbearers will be Joe Luis Valdez, Jose Puga, Daniel Cardenas and Frank Puga.
Under the direction of Angel Lucy’s Funeral Home in Victoria, 361-575-3212.
- Authorities identify man killed in Victoria apartment shooting
- Blotter: Warrant to search Victoria hotel room leads to 2 arrests, drug seizure
- One dead, one injured after Victoria apartment shooting
- Blotter: Police dispatched to fight at Victoria IHOP
- Motorcycle Cannonball riders to arrive in Victoria Friday
- Hummingbirds take Crossroads backyards by storm
- Bible verse - Isaiah Isa.4:5-6; quote by Tara Brach
- Falls City ends trying week with positive result
- Victoria County clerk announces intent to run for third term
- 119 new COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths reported in Crossroads Wednesday