BETTY J. VAUGHAN VICTORIA - Betty J. Vaughan, 93, passed away on June 27, 2020. She was born on December 14, 1926 in Edna, Texas to the late Henry B. and Fannie Mae Traylor McDowell. Betty was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother who will be greatly missed by her family and many others. Betty was a long time member of Northside Baptist Church where she was very active and served with love. She worked many different jobs and spent her last 29 years at Region III Education Service Center, before retiring at age 85. She is survived by her daughter, Betty Marie (John- deceased) Outlaw. In addition to her parents, Betty was also preceded in death by her beloved husband, Raymond S. Vaughan; her son, Raymond S. Vaughan Jr. and all 5 of her siblings. The family will receive guests from 9-10 am on Friday, July 3, 2020 at Colonial Funeral Home. The Funeral Service will follow at 10:00 am with Rev. Tim Williams officiating. She will be laid to rest at Memory Gardens Cemetery. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.colonialfuneralhomevictoria.com
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- After 2 years, family of missing Seadrift women say they are skeptical of, disappointed in investigation
- Fishermen haul in marlins for Lonestar Shootout weigh-in
- Victoria man found dead off Warburton Road
- Local health authority urges caution as COVID-19 cases rise, flu season approaches
- Victoria County rescinds virtual only order, VISD plans remain unchanged
- 'We're just going to keep marching forward': Port Lavaca hospital staff battles pandemic
- Victoria officials to consider funding agreement regarding future medical plaza
- 'The Secret: Dare to Dream' Review: Turns out this predictable but feel-good romance was just what we all needed
- Marriage licenses July 17-23
- Yoakum Bulldog Band sent home briefly after member tests positive