VICTORIA — On September 12, 2020, Donna Morisak Shedd completed her battled against cancer and gained her angel’s wings. Donna was born and raised in Hallettsville, after school she moved to Victoria. Donna was a loving mother, wife and friend, but the role she cherished most of all was Grandmother to Colt. She loved her children tremendously, but Colt was the apple of her eye. If she wasn’t chasing him around the house, she was reading books with him or watching him play Little League sports. Donna loved being “Granny”. She retired after 37 years with O’Connor Braman, in retirement she would often say “I miss my girls at work”. On weekends you could find her at Goliad Market Days and Wimberley Market Days selling her goods, visiting with customers and other vendors. Donna was an avid reader and a baker. If anyone ever wanted anything baked all they had to do was ask, she was always more than happy to oblige. When her children were in school you would find her watching Amanda playing ball, or at the stock shows with Jeremy.
Donna is now in heaven where she is watching her father Julius Morisak playing dominoes, her Mother Lenora Greer Morisak with her aunts talking about making kolaches, Brother Joe Morisak talking about his roosters, Sister Mildred Hermes and husband Henry Hermes telling stories about their children and barbequing, and David “Black” Morisak, who is either looking for a dice game or trying to start one. All this while holding baby Cole Shedd in her loving arms. She is survived by daughter Amanda Shedd, son Jeremy Shedd, grandson Colt Shedd, husband John Williams and brother Gilbert Morisak. Donna’s candle went out way too soon and will be dearly missed, but has left everyone with lasting memories that they will treasure forever.
A rosary and graveside services will be held on Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 10 am at Memorial Park Cemetery.
Thoughts and memories may be shared at www.gracefuneralhome.net.
Arrangements entrusted to Grace Funeral Home.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Don't want to cook that turkey? Here is list of restaurants open
- Vanderbilt holds first neighborhood watch meeting, skeptical on incorporation
- VPD prepares for new police chief
- COVID-19 hospitalizations increase slightly in the Crossroads
- Calhoun's O'Donnell finishes second at state meet
- West tops Rowe to advance to regional quarters for second straight season
- Bond planning committee reviews possible bond avenues
- Blotter: 3 assaults reported involving family members
- All-Area nominations being accepted
- Police still investigating Friday shooting, no arrests made